Friday, January 28, 2022

The Start of 2022

Dress: Somerset Plaid Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 1x) via Nuuly
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: ?, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
I adored this rusty amber color...it matched my hair. It felt a bit like a Little House on the Prairie dress, but I liked that. The smocked waist is always a winner for me...& there were nice deep pockets. This would have been the perfect fall dress...I don't think of cotton dresses as well suited for winter.
It was a blustery day...
When I wore this dress to work & out & about...I wore an earring, which I forgot at home the day of these photos...shown below in make-up pic. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath, Dirty Talk & Ounce eyeshadow by UD, Chicory lipliner from MAC, Kat von D lipstick in Gothica, Bronze Shimmer lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in Bronzed to Perfection. 
January 2...brunch with Brian. I made the 3 of us eggs Benedict, which I discovered is called eggs Hemingway when I make it how I typically do...with smoked salmon; asparagus with hollandaise; & some crispy fried up leftover potato gratin. And of course...mimosas. Lately, every time I make hollandaise, it splits & I don't know why...so I had a bit of a meltdown & had to remake it 3 times. I was also sick with laryngitis & an odd form of strep. However, brunch was tasty...in the end. And we finished with leftover dessert. 
Dinner...leftover porchetta with cooked apples & the first time using the fireplace in the living room. The next day...leftover fish, porchetta, Mac & cheese, & Brussels. 
Yooperlites in the living room....ooooooo....aaaaaah. And Brian in the living room...enjoying a glass of wine. 
We found rugs for our living & dining rooms...I adore them...especially the purple one. Walking to Anthology...I really want to try The Botanist Social when Kate is going out again. Their cocktails sound delightful. On second thought...I may have to go with David as brunch & dinner sound pretty good too. 
At Anthology to buy pens, stickers, & other fun things. Buying Lindsay's book...we are enjoying reading it. While at Leopold's (books, coffee, & cocktails...all the good things in life), I also picked up a new biography of Sylvia Plath. More pretty Ruffoni cookware...this one is topped with a pumpkin.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment