Monday, January 17, 2022

The Amateurs & Leaving Portland

Dress: Contrast Midi Shirtdress by Anthropologie (size 16) via Nuuly 
Cardigan: MAK
Shoes: Nine West
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: David, Andre, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
I was definitely a fan of this pattern mixed dress & all the colors in it...yes, even the blue. I don't typically like shirtdresses (I dislike collars & buttons on my chest), but this one was fabulous...plus, it had such a lovely uneven hem in orange & cream stripes that wrapped around the underside of the dress several inches so you hardly ever saw the back side of the fabric, which was ideal as that's a pet peeve of mine. The fit & quality were great...& there were nice deep pockets. 
Notice the back of the hem of the skirt...doesn't that look better?
I didn't like how bright this blue necklace was, so I wore a different one the second time.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon, Natasha Denona Sunrise palette, Chicory lipliner from MAC, Pumpkin lipstick by Kat von D, & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative. 
The first time I wore this dress, David tried to take photos of me outside, as usual...but the wind was ridiculous & never let up...so we resorted to taking indoor photos at The Overture before our play. 
I love this picture of us...
The Amateurs, put on by Forward Theatre. The first half was excellent, but it fell apart a bit after intermission. We wandered through the Cartography exhibit following the play. 
Bret Helms playing live...I think because Audra's vinyl of Going to the Theatre met their Kickstarter goal...which makes me happy because now I get to have that album on vinyl. Our final day in Portland (we flew out after 10pm).
Andre had picked out a place for breakfast, Tin Shed. There were dogs! We both ordered Everything Naughty (because how could I not?! Also, it sounded delicious)...a buttermilk biscuit covered with mushroom rosemary gravy. 
Keep Portland Weird. We had to.
Plus, it was right next to Voodoo Doughnuts. Don't believe the hype. 
And then...the Fluevog store!!! Oh, these shoes make me so happy. I tried on 5/6 pairs I picked out below (they were out of my size in one). Keith was incredibly helpful & I noted all the sizes that fit me best so I can purchase them in the future (when they are on sale). In order of need...#2, 4, & 6 in the lineup...although I've already bought a dress that matches that green floral pattern. 
Both those purple & orange shoes make my heart sing...especially the orange *swoon* Please go on sale soon. 
And of course I wore Fluevogs to the Fluevog store.
After trying on shoes...we went just down the street to look at more shoes at the Dr. Martens store, which wasn't nearly as captivating. Then, on to Powell's to peruse the books. It was overwhelmingly big. I looked around for a while, then found a book to read & a place to sit. And, one final meal in Portland before we were off to the airport. I had a wonderful, but short, time with Andre & we already have our next visit planned. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment