Sunday, January 23, 2022

We Have A Dining Room...And Living Room!

Dress: Galaxy Dots Ruffle Sleeve Dress by London Times (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Circus by Sam Edelman
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7"43-41-57
A bit of a boring & too big on me dress...but the colors were spectacular & it was a good work dress & cooking dress. Also, I'm a sucker for polka dots. Even if this dress had been a size down, I'm not a fan of that blousen waist...but the sleeve ruffles were super cute. 
And it gave me an excuse to wear these shoes.
I should have put more thought into my accessories & not gone with pearls. 
My December Boxy Charm, new enameled cast-iron cookware in pretty colors, & dinner...you can follow my food/health blog @becomingmeshel on Instagram if you'd like to know more. 
More food...& finding & painting a Hot Wheels version of Veronika for David. 
Grocery shopping at the co-op, & picking up a porchetta at Meat People...when I found out how much it was, I decided to save it for NYE...& I'm SO glad I did as it was enough to feed at least 10 people. While at the co-op, they had just put out the last of the Rush Creek Reserve (a special cheese only made once a year & not so easy to find)...it's creamy & rich like butter. I immediately made up a little charcuterie platter for me & David...with my new favorite crackers.  
I love cooking. Finishing the Rush Creek Reserve...I wish I would have bought more. 
5 days before NYE...this was the state of our dining & living rooms. We moved the sewing station downstairs & made room for a table to eat at instead...in the dining room...shocking, right?!
The two purses David got me for Christmas, the replacement necklace Colleen Toland sent me for the wrong all black necklace, & the gorgeous Colleen Toland earrings David gave me.
A visit to my clinic since I hadn't been able to talk for nearly 2 weeks...laryngitis & some weird form of strep. Did you know ALL the good bakeries in Madison close for at least the week between Christmas & New Year...I had to get inferior bread. Yooperlites!!! Brian came to visit for NYE...& brought a bit of Lake Superior with him to give to me...I LOVE them. The day before NYE...making a ginger cake & a fantastic dinner .
Our first meal at our dining room table...me, David, & Brian. One Stone, the wine we discovered the last time I was visiting Brian. Making hasselback potato gratin & prepping the porchetta. Brian came to visit me!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment