Friday, January 14, 2022

1 Day in Portland


Dress: Floral Sweetheart Midi Dress by Anthropologie (size 16) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Boots: Doc Martens
Cardigan: ?
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Andre, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
It's no surprise that I was in love with this gorgeous pre-pattern mixed dress in lovely brocade fabrics. The fit was great, it was well made, with an ideal length & fullness to the skirt...in fact, there is nothing I would change about this dress. It's on sale right now (linked above) for only $75 (original price, $260) & I am tempted to get it because these Docs went with it so well. However, do I truly love it or just like it a lot? I've got to get used to asking myself these difficult questions so I only fill my closet with joy. Opinions?
These boots make the whole outfit, right? With their mermaid pattern & iridescent glow. I got SO many compliments on them I lost track. This was my first wearing of them. I bought these ~3 years ago after seeing them on a client. I had to hunt them down & make them mine.

I don't love my eye make-up here...if I could do it over, I would have done a classic black cat eye with minimal eyeshadow in the crease.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Overdrive, UD Naked Cherry palette, Burgundy lipliner by MAC, Dubbonnet Amplified lipstick from MAC, & OPI nail polish. 
I wore this outfit for my one full day in Portland. Andre had things he needed to do for several hours, so I entertained myself. I walked around the area we were in (Old Town) in the blowing rain (I actually brought a raincoat!)...& came across an orchestra playing in a square next to a Christmas tree. Their bubblers are pretty. And gorgeous old bank building. 
My goal on this outing was to get a nice box of chocolates for Tamara, who had been SO helpful to me/us. The women at the hotel recommended a place just a few blocks away, Moonstruck. On my way back to the hotel, I stopped to warm up & drink some coffee. After dropping off the chocolate, I took a Lyft to one of the many places on my list that I wanted to check out, House of Vintage. I constantly forget that vintage no longer means what it did back when I was buying/wearing it in the 80s. Most of the clothing was from the 80s-90s, so I was disappointed. So much so that I lost my mind & left this amazing circus theme scarf at the store! What?! Was I thinking?! I saw ONE super cool thing & I thought, nah. At the time I was like...it's so pink & blue. Now, looking at it...I want to cry I love it SO much. 
Hi! Me after wandering around in the rain all day. The view from our hotel room in the daylight, Mt. Hood. When Andre got back to the hotel, it was dinner time. There was a pipe shop close to us that he wanted to visit, Rich's...it smelled fabulous in there. And...
I got to see him smoke a pipe, which I found extremely hot. We walked through Pioneer Courthouse Square (where the band had been playing earlier) on our way to the restaurant & took our picture with the Christmas tree in the background. 
At Huber's, Portland's oldest restaurant...which I think Andre chose because he knew I'd think it was beautiful...& it was. This was our first date, awwwww...holding hands. 
I loved this urn/vase they used to keep the wine chilled...I need to find one to use during dinner parties next year at Elkhorn. I had seafood penne, which was quite good. Then we ended the evening with their signature drink, Spanish Coffee (rum, triple sec, KahlĂșa, coffee, sugar). It was a lovely first date & wonderful to spend time just sitting with Andre in person after so many hours on the phone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment