Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Gift Of The Magi

Dress: Ruffle Polka Dot Printed Midi Dress by Maison Tara (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: MAK, gifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Gap, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Totally cute dress...fit great, but I could have gone down a size. The smocked waistband is very forgiving & will conform to your shape...& I liked how it was mirrored on the sleeves. It would have been a boring dress if not for the ruffle at the bottom. 
This may have to be my last wearing of these shoes...they just fall off my feet now. Boo. It's bad enough losing my clothing, but I keep having to give up shoes too. 
I adore dots...so I continued the theme with my jewelry...(& then I got distracted looking on Etsy for a dotty bracelet that would have gone with the colors in this outfit better). 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug, UD Cherry eyeshadow palette, Burgundy lipliner from MAC, Big Bang lipliner by UD, MAC lipstick in Dubbonnet Amplified, UD lipstick in Big Bang, & Louvre Me Louvre Me Not nail polish by OPI. 
I wore this dress to go to Spring Green to see APT's winter play, The Gift of the Magi, with David. It was predictable, but the acting was great. And look how cute we are...
Andre was traveling to Portland last minute & I decided I was going to surprise him with having a Voodoo Doughnut gift certificate at his hotel waiting for him. Voodoo Doughnuts was absolutely no help, however, this lovely lady, Tamara, at the hotel...a gem. She was going to walk over there herself (!) & pick one up for me (they would only sell me one they could send me over email to print out & I wanted something physical & pretty). Then she suggested we do a whole basket to be waiting in his room & she'd shop with/for me...how nice is that?! Well, it turns out I could not let this opportunity to meet Andre pass me by, so David bought me tickets so I could fly there for a brief visit. Trying on shoes to go with outfits. 
Dinner with Angie & Freddie...pork shoulder marinated in cherry wine, roasted Brussels, & delicious butternut squash...served with a Michigan Riesling. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment