Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Baby Shark with Brian

Dress: Scarf Dress by Lane Bryant (size 18)
Cardigan: Laura Ashley (size 2x), thrifted
Shoes: Me Too, thrifted 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Chris, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
I found this dress in a box labeled 'Clothes, nearly fit'...although that wasn't exactly true. However, I found it just in time to wear it...it's too big on me, but nothing a cardigan can't fix. I remember buying this on clearance at Lane Bryant for under $10...I couldn't resist the gorgeous colors & scarf pattern. 
I am rather pleased with how well it paired with leopard. And those colors *swoon*. 
Bringing out the orange...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon; Dirty Talk, Wild Heart, & Stranded eyeshadow by UD; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; So Chaud lipstick from MAC; & Louvre Me Louvre Me Not nail polish by OPI. 
I first wore this dress to get tattooed by the amazing Mar...they worked on giving color to my autumn leaves. Stunning. 
Then we headed over to Angie's to have dinner with her & Freddie. Val kisses! David entertained Freddie while the womenfolk made food. Coconut Squash Curry with pork & shrimp meatballs...atop roasted cauliflower & a side of roasted Brussels sprouts. And wine. It was amazingly delicious. 
I just love watching David & Freddie play...it's loud, but adorable. The Lowest Pair, live online. 
The second time I wore this dress was while I was in Munising visiting Brian. He made an organic wheat/spelt everything bagel bread that we toasted up & put soft boiled eggs on top of...which is my favorite simple breakfast. Pretty vintage lamps above Brian's dining room table. And my peeling tattoo...which looked really cool on the leaf & I wish it could have stayed that way.
I love this Michigan map that Brian's sister-in-law, Chris, has displayed when you come in the back door. Wine & nibbles at a 2 year old's birthday party. Meat roses. I meant to copy that idea on NYE, but forgot. The theme was Baby Shark. 
Chris kindly took another photo of Brian & I...we look almost the same height here (he's 3" shorter than me). 
Photo booth corner...Brian & his mom...Brian & me.
Party food, which included Brian's artichoke dip that he used to make a bunch back in the 90s...it was as tasty as I remembered. Brian & his grand niece, Hayley...he just gave her the name necklace she's wearing for a Christmas present. 
The birthday boy, Luke, Brian's grand nephew. Yooperlites from Lake Superior...these rocks glow orange & purple under a UV light...sooo pretty. Leftover Thanksgiving for dinner. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment