Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Marquette with Brian

Dress: Floral Maxi Dress by Conditions Apply (size 2x) via Nuuly
Cardigan: Jessica Howard
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Earring & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
I liked this dress quite a bit...the colors were so pretty & I enjoyed pulling out the chartreuse & orange. The back was entirely open, but this dress was better suited for a cardigan as any bra would have shown. There were nice deep pockets & the length was ideal on me. 
I LOVE these colorful leopard shoes from Nine West...sadly, my feet have shrunk & these size 10s no longer stay on my feet very well. I am on the lookout for them in a 9...they seem to come up on Poshmark on a regular basis. 
There is an old warehouse on our side of town that we use quite often for photos...there are ~1/2 dozen locations there we like...this is a new one...& we only used it because the sun hadn't yet set enough to use the ladder area. I like the grunginess of it. Also, not this time, but the time before...there was a really great band practicing inside. I was thinking of leaving a note on the cars parked there asking them to email me who they were. However, 2 of the guys came out on the fire escape to smoke & told me they were Mickey Sunshine. I really want to see them play. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Overdrive; Kat von D eyeshadow in Harpsichord, Skulls, Legend, & Vinyl; Pumpkin lipliner from NYX; Chicory lipliner by MAC; MAC lipstick in So Chaud; Kat von D lipstick in Gothica; & Lipslick nail polish from POP. 
I love DuoChrome color shifting polish like this...pictures just don't capture it, so I took a video...it matches my purse. 
I first wore this dress to see The Wood Brothers at Stoughton Opera House back in the beginning of November. Soooo long ago. It was a great show in a gorgeous theatre. 
Sean McConnell opened for them, & also came out to sing at the very end. 
Stand up bass...always a good sign. I was second row center for this show. 
The second time I wore this dress I was in the U.P. visiting Brian & we drove to Marquette on this day to have lunch with Shane's family...his cousin Melanie commented the last time I was here to say I should let her know next time. I was incredibly happy about that as I hadn't been because I was worried I'd bring too many sad memories. Brian & I shared 2 plates of Brussels sprouts. The first...fried, with Parmesan cheese, dried Michigan cherries, & a bit of honey. The second course was a cherry Brussels sprouts salad with salmon. Group photo! It was lovely seeing Shane's family...they are always fun & I felt closer to Shane being with them. 
After lunch, Brian & I ran over to Everyday Wines to get...wine. I also picked up some delightful chocolate. Brian got this Moroccan lamp to light a corner in his living room...I have had a bunch of these saved on Etsy for nearly a decade...after seeing his, I am finally going to get one (or two) of my own.
Brian's house went through a tremendous transformation since I was here just 6 weeks before. He got rid of the old & falling apart & brought in the new & shiny. AND...we had a table to eat at. It was fabulous. 
We relaxed with some nibbles & a bottle of wine that Brian bought because I fell in love with the stunning copper label. I drink a lot of good wine & this one is up there...just delightfully smooth. And this orange bourbon pecan dark chocolate...mind blowing. Also, during this trip to visit the U.P., I met a man online that I was immediately drawn to (& not at all looking for)...we texted & chatted on the phone for hours & I am smitten. I am in an open relationship with my husband, so it's not a secret. We live ~900 miles from each other, so getting together is going to be a challenge. Meet Andre...he'll show up again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment