Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Finished Tattoo & Christmas

Dress: Retro Floral Banded Perfect Wrap Dress by Leota (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Shoes: Worthington, thrifted 
Purple Floral Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Bracelet: Vintage 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
I wore this dress quite a bit, so I must have really liked it. I do adore purple with my red hair, however, there was a lot of white going on. Another great fitting Leota dress...they always get it right. I was especially fond of the contrasting black & white stripe trim against the retro flowers. There was a snap at the neckline, the first I've ever seen in one of their dresses, & it was nice not to have to pin it closed like I typically do with this brand. 
I could have worn darker purple tights, but I wanted these vintage shoes to pop. Note the black & white striped bracelet I'm wearing to go with the trim. I'm rather proud I thought of that & it's my one non-purple accessory. 
Sometimes it's fun to go monochrome...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Delinquent, UD eyeshadow in Cyber Punk & Euphoric, True Colors Shimmering Powder, Grape lipliner from MAC, Flashback lipstick by UD, & POP nail polish in Street Slick. 
David made us this pretty wood cutting board that fits in the sink...we'd been using an ugly white plastic one & he knows how I like things to be pretty. I first wore this dress to giige for my appointment with Mar to finish my oak leaves & acorn tattoo. 
Mar tattooing...& the gorgeous finished result...
I love it!!! Picking out fish for dinner. 
A simple meal of pan cooked salmon & roasted Brussels sprouts. Video chatting with the girlie...she's not leaving the house much since the Covid numbers have been going up again & I miss her. I had my first consultation with a plastic surgeon here in Madison to discuss the state of my neck. I've lost over 5" there & I've got saggy skin that really bothers me & makes me feel old.
I had instructions from Andre to go to Anthropologie & call him. But he was tricky...& told me to go to Lush instead (they are near each other)...where he had a Christmas present waiting for me...awwww. I love having nice smelling things to use in the shower & I thought it was really sweet of him to surprise me like that. So, of course, since I was already parked right there...I had to browse Anthropologie. There were many gorgeous things & they were having a good sale on quite a bit of it...but I left with nothing but pictures. Christmas morning with the Smartins...it was fun watching Freddie open his presents. 
And of course, David & Freddie together are always a delight. For Christmas, I got David a day at a performance driving school of his choice...but in order to have something to wrap...I bought a matchbox car & painted it to look like Veronika. 
We brought our presents over to unwrap & we wore our pajamas. David had gotten me these adorable cupcake ones years ago, but they didn't fit...cupcakes are like fancy muffins & I'm The Muffin Queen. David gave me a bunch of stuff, including the large version of the small purse I bought at Art Fair last summer & a mirror for my purse that is surrounded by a light ring. He also got me many pairs of Colleen Toland earrings & a deep green Italian leather purse.  
Then...there was brunch. I made ginger scones, Meyer lemon curd, vanilla whipped cream, & cheesy hasselback potato gratin...& brought mimosa ingredients. Angie made stollen, quiche, & had smoked salmon bagel fixings. I just love brunch...it's basically the only time I eat breakfast. 
Later in the afternoon, after we took photos of this outfit...I had an unplanned walk around the park with Kate while the sun set. 
Yay! Time with the girlie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment