Friday, January 7, 2022

Wine & Dine

Dress: Abstract Dot Key Hole Side Tie Midi Dress by London Times (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: MAK, gifted
Shoes: ?
Earring: Kerala Rose
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
At first I found this dress too conservative...but after I wore it, I changed my mind. The colors were amazing...I loved the variety of greens mixed with bits of purple & orange. The fit & length were great...there is nothing I would change about this dress, except for perhaps give it a v-neck. Fantastic year round dress you could wear to work, then out for cocktails. 
This is my first time wearing this cardigan. In 2020, MAK Sweaters sent me several free cardigans to photograph for my blog & Instagram, but this particular style ran really small & did not fit me in a 4x at a size 4x...it's better suited to my current 1x body. It was lovely to be able to wear a sweater buttoned up instead of tied at the waist. 
These cheap shoes make me happy...the olive color is gorgeous & I love how the purple tights peek through the cutouts. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Loaded, Analogue & Anthem eyeshadow from Kat von D, UD eyeshadow in Dazed, NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, So Chaud lipstick by MAC, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Nectar, & Louvre Me Louvre Me Not nail polish by OPI. 
I first wore this outfit to work & then to check out cookware at Sur la Table with David...I came home with that pumpkin apron & matching oven mitts. David got me some leopard weightlifting gloves. Sean Hayes singing his new album live online...Kate & I both bought the vinyl & I still haven't given it to her...wow, that was back in November...sorry, girlie! Shopping at the indoor farmers' market. 
Sheet-Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes & Peppers, served with Charred Cauliflower with Anchovies, Capers, & Olives. Listening to some music on Twitch. 
Last full day of my visit with Brian...I made us yummy food served on his pretty plates. The next day...driving home. 
I came home to this beauty...David didn't feel well on Thanksgiving, so he stayed home & missed out on turkey...the skin on this was incredibly crispy & delicious. Buttons at Angie's. My grandma & mom both had jars of collected buttons & I find playing with them soothing. 
David & Freddie...or as he says...Daaaaaaave! Crazy Val on my lap. Mmmm...roasted Brussels. 
A delightful meal with friends...Angie made meatloaf, butternut squash 2 ways: squash gratin & roasted. There was also a roasted beet on my plate & Cótes du Rhône in my glass. Story time. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment