Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Lamp Shade Shopping

Dress: Ruched Floral Maxi Dress from Maeve by Anthropologie (size 1x) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Hobbs London, thrifted 
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Such a pretty dress...and nowhere to wear it. It ran a touch big, but otherwise was a good fit. The mesh overlay was lovely & I especially liked that there was no lining underneath the top...I thought that was much nicer than had it just been a strapless dress. Also, I'm all about the sweetheart neckline. Perfect maxi length on me even without heels. 
These shoes were a bit too casual for this dress, but it's what first caught my eye. I know I should put more thought into making outfits...but I just pick the first thing I see that works. 
The lighting on the side of this building is SO good...it makes me look radiant. However, it is not permanent...there is new construction right in front of me & it's currently wrapped in white, so it bounces light against me nicely...but eventually they will cover it up, but until then...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath; Privacy, Bing, & Bang Bang eyeshadow from UD; KAB lipliner in Charming; Cherry lipliner by MAC; Bite Beauty lipstick in Braised; & In a Gingersnap nail polish from Essie. 
Dinner...Chicken Marsala & Mushrooms served with Broccoli with Fried Shallots & Olives. AND! My boyfriend AndrĂ© is coming to visit me!!! AND! He surprised me by adding on an extra day *swoon*. Cleaning the victrola horn we got from Elkhorn last year...it finally has a home in our living room. Since I didn't have any events to wear this dress to...I wore it antiquing with David in Columbus, WI. 
We were on a mission to get lamp shades...& of course I kept getting distracted by everything else. There was a woman who works out of this shop that makes amazing lamp shades (Kate had her re-cover the shade on my grandma's lamp years ago) & we were hoping to design some with her...however, the owner said she told him she retired at the end of last year...but he didn't seem certain she was going to stick with that. But the place was still full of shades she had already made & we managed to find quite a few that struck our fancy. We also picked up 2 red glass globes to replace some broken ones. Do you see that fantastic metal stand with the naked woman?! That holds a fish tank! I had seen one at Elkhorn years ago & I've wanted one ever since. I could not convince David of the coolness of it though. 
Oh, how I wish we had need for this set of grape glass globes (they have 2!)...the owner showed us the lamp they would go on. So much gorgeousness in one place. I spied this Mucha shade & of course it had to come home with us. 
More shades that we "needed". And another swag light for the wreck room. I cannot wait until we have that room remodeled...we have SO many fun finds that I'm excited to see displayed. 
A simple dinner...grilled ribeye with duxelles, served with roasted butternut squash & roasted garlic..with lots of butter. Socks from England for David. I took a chance & got him a dozen pairs of wool & cashmere socks from Pantherella. His favorite socks that I used to get him are no longer made...I hope he likes these...they are a bit more subdued than the b.ella ones I've gotten him in the past. I have another week & a half until his birthday & I find out what he thinks. Adding a bit of gold Rub n' Buff to these grape wall sconces before David hangs them in the dining room. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment