Friday, February 18, 2022

The Realistic Joneses

Dress: One-Shoulder Pleated Maxi Dress by Nikita Mhaisalkar (size 1x) via Nuuly
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage Miriam Haskell
Shoes: Fluevog, Super Fine: Cardinal 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Stunning. I felt luxurious in this gown. The fit, length, & just everything about it was perfection. 
I didn't have any blue heels...so gold it was. David bought me these shoes for Christmas one year & while I probably wouldn't have picked them myself, I wear them more than most of my Fluevogs. 
I nearly went bare legged, but decided on blue tights the last minute. It was an excellent choice. 
This vintage Miriam Haskell necklace that David got me for Christmas several years back has a water feature, which I mention here each time I wear it...but I finally took a video of it to share. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD; Pat McGrath eyeshadow in Lunar Champagne, Saturnalia, & Gold Standard; Retrograde lipstick by MAC; & an unknown blue nail polish from OPI. I wore this dress to go out to dinner & a play with David. It was quite convenient that the venue was right next to our favorite restaurant, Heritage Tavern. We began, as always, with cocktails. I had a special of the evening, First Kiss (gin, cava, lemon juice, Chambord, cranberry-rosemary syrup) & David also tried out a new drink, Pear Gin Rug(Death's Door gin, lime juice, aquafaba, cardamom syrup, spiced pear liqueur, black walnut bitters).
Always have to start with these amazing deviled eggs. And...more cocktails. I'm holding a Bellini Sfumato (Tito's vodka, Sfumato amaro, creme de peche, sage syrup, Jamaican #1 bitters, lemon juice, cava), which is currently my favorite drink on the menu. David is having a El Medico (El Bujo mezcal, Don Q rum, Smith & Cross, spiced coconut syrup, lime, pineapple, & orange juices, Xocolati mole bitters).More food to share! Starting with our favorite dish of the evening, Gnocchetti & Clams (little neck clams, gruyere broth, fried Brussels sprouts leaves, bacon, pickled leek, pine nut gremolata, grilled bread). Continuing on to a special of the night, Yorkshire Pudding (popover in a cast iron skillet stuffed with braised pork shoulder & apple, with melted Rush Creek Reserve on top & a petite greens salad). David's final drink, Pistachio Mai Tai (Plantation Dark & 3 Star rums, Trois Rivieres Rhum Ambré, pistachio orgeat, Pierre Ferrand curacao, Demerara, lime). Then our vegetarian dish of the night, Autumn Squash (chicory & market vegetable salad, ginger maple vinaigrette, pickled apple, puffed wild rice-pumpkin seed granola). My last cocktail, Winter Cure-All (Four Roses bourbon, Fernet Branca Menta, Averna amaro, black tea syrup, lemon juice, ginger beer). And our ending course, another special of the day: Lamb Belly Roulade (lamb belly seasoned with Adobe spices & rolled up, pomegranate adobe sauce, sits on a bed of beauty heart radishes, carrots, broccoli, & fried fingerling potatoes, garnished with pepitas, pomegranates, & candied lemon). After a delightful dinner, we dashed next door to see a play, The Realistic Joneses. This play was first performed at the Yale Repertory Theatre & Parker Posey was in it. Later, when it went to Broadway, the actors were Toni Collette, Michael C. Hall, Marissa Tomei, & someone I've never heard of. This play was wonderful. In fact, the entire evening was such a delight that we decided to repeat it the following Friday. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment