Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Songwriters Round

Dress: Pink & Green Plaid Dress from Hutch (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: thrifted & altered 
Earring & Bracelet: Vintage
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Shoes: Chinese Laundry, thrifted 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
A green plaid dress...yes, please. There was a bit of texture/sheen to this fabric. The length was great, but this dress ran a bit big. There were weirdly placed pockets 1/2 way down the skirt, but it did not keep me from adoring this dress. 
Also, check out this cardigan I altered from my last post. I LOVE it & it was just what this dress needed to give it a shape. 
This was the first necklace I ever bought from Jen at Age Before Beauty...oh, how I miss her vintage jewelry creations. And she had the most marvelous packaging. I remember I opened this necklace in a parking garage back when I was going to UW (2006-7?)...there were layers of old fabric, lace, hat pins, wallpaper...it was every bit as wonderful as the treasure inside. Green used to be my favorite color...so I have a TON of green jewelry & I rarely wear it. In fact, this is the first time I've ever worn this necklace. 
My make-up with this outfit included...LancĂ´me eyeliner in Moss; Trick, Mugshot, & Mildew eyeshadow from Urban Decay; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; Toast lipstick by Bite Beauty; & Dragon nail polish from a-england. 
A little vintage toothpick holder to use for mouthwash in the bathroom (everything must be beautiful). Searching for artichokes. The co-op didn't have any...nor did the other 3 grocery stores I called. Festival Foods to the rescue...they were nice ones too. More Snag tights...they just keep making limited editions...& I keep ordering. 
I got rid of nearly all of my cookbooks the last time we had a garage sale & this rack I used to keep them on has been living in the backyard by the fire pit. I've been enjoying cooking again so much, that it occurred to me I could load this back up with books from the library & explore all kinds of new worlds...this was just the beginning...I have ~70 books at home right now. This sesame crusted salmon with ginger sauce was delightful...served with equally delicious roasted artichokes with anchovy mayo. After dinner...I drove to Spring Green to see Soren from Them Coulee Boys play in a songwriters round at Slowpoke Cabaret. They make an outstanding Aviation there. 
This was another magical night of music for me. I got there close to starting time & sat right down at a table up front...I was sad how poorly attended this was & I intend on going every month if I'm able...each one features three artists from the Driftless area. Not only was Soren spectacular...I was introduced to two other amazing singers, so now I have new groups to follow. Also participating: Andrew Hughs of The Lake Effect & Nici Peper from all the beautiful things. Setting up the dining room. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment