Sunday, February 13, 2022

Nice Boots

Dress: Tie Front Flutter Sleeve Watercolor Dots Dress by London Times (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Charter Club, thrifted 
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Merona, thrifted 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Conservative work dress with a cute shape...& of course, polka dots are always happy making. I look like an Easter egg...not a bad thing. The fit & length were good on this dress...I especially liked the tie at the neckline & the 40s silhouette it gave around the bust & waist...& the flutter sleeves. This is a great year round dress. 
Better with the cardigan off.
Mostly accessorizing with yellow...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Pineapple, Lemonade, & Donut eyeshadow from Violet Voss; NYX Fuchsia lipliner; Aria lipstick by Stila; Bite Beauty lipstick in Cranberry & Strawberry Froze; & OPI nail polish in 7th & Flower. 
While unpacking, I came across this lovely note I've kept that someone rolled up & hid for me to find after a wine tasting at our house. Dinner...braised country-style pork ribs with Chipotle served with roasted delicata squash, roasted garlic, & butter. New boots from Fluevog...they are the most gorgeous & impractical shoes I own. Nice boots. Some super sale dresses from Svaha...I'm not really geeky enough for that site, but...
Pretty snowed on butterflies. New Yotam Ottolenghi recipe, mackerel with pistachios & cardamom, served with cauliflower adobo. Kate & Jason came to visit...I can't recall if she was borrowing or returning our stick blender. Turning this silver vase gold...I love rub n' buff. 
My sexiest Fluevogs...they are shedding black from the stitching. I need to attempt to fix them. More food...I've been cooking a LOT & only share some of my meals here. For more, follow my Instagram, becomingmeshel. This was beef bourguignon, which I made for the first time, served with roasted Brussels sprouts with roasted garlic & balsamic vinegar. Some make-up I bought on sale from Sephora right before the new year, then hid away in my closet. 
Frames! I bought a bunch of frames I wasn't crazy about at Michael's, then checked out Hobby Lobby & found much better ones (& had to return the first batch). I have a bunch of prints I bought a few years back from Heather Renaux with a circus theme for my office & I want to finally get them in frames. 
A selfie for my boyfriend...& me trying on the Wendy Baker bubble necklace I wanted to wear with this dress so I could show her how big it is on me & how I wish it fit. I'm going to pack them all up to send off to her to shorten...as soon as I stop procrastinating. 
And finally...I decided to tackle taking in a cardigan. I'm tired of tying all of them at the waist to get a better fit...& this one was completely hopeless...just too long & sloppy. And voila...a cropped cardigan in my size to match the next day's dress. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment