Monday, February 21, 2022

People's Tools

Dress: The Memories Dress in Loved Print by Effie's Heart (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Willow Bay (size 2x), thrifted
Shoes: Merona, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
We all know I adore Effie's Heart dresses...& this was my first time with this style...another fabulous design. The pattern wasn't really my style, but what surprised me was that it was grey, & not black (as GB mentioned). I look terrible in grey (& white)...so I would never have gotten this had I known...but it worked out because I got to try The Memories Dress, which I would seek out in the future. I love the sweetheart neckline, the gathering by the arms, pockets, & the extra full skirt. 
I added a purple cardigan to give me a better color by my face...but there was also a bit of grey in it to go with the dress...& thanks to thrifting & my love of plaid...I actually have grey shoes. 
Better without the too big cardigan...
I didn't realize until I took this necklace off, that a bit of it was missing...& it made me sad because I thought it must have fallen off & was lost forever. However, I looked in the drawer I keep it in & there it was...it must have gotten caught when I opened it...I must be more careful. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Voodoo; Celestial, Drama, & Summer eye shadow by Anastasia; UD lipliner in Big Bang; Currant lipliner from MAC; Spiced Plum lipstick by Bite Beauty; & POP nail polish in This Is A Slick Up. 
Waiting for my doctor...no make-up. I posted these ceiling photos to a Facebook group I am on, Weird (and Wonderful) Secondhand Finds That Just Need To Be Shared, because a bit of it showed up in a picture of the cabinet I shared & I had a lot of requests. Big mistake. It blew up. While it was nice to read all the positive comments...over 100 people told me they were going to copy it. And it was ridiculously upsetting to me. I mean, I'm sure I'm not the only person to have done this...but it came out of my imagination & not because I'd seen it anywhere. Now, I know only a small % of people are actually going to follow through...but there was one woman who private messaged me to tell me she was in the process of redoing an old building to make into a coffee shop & this was going to be part of it now. Why does this bother me so much?! Ugh. 
The bottle David had chosen for his mouthwash arrived broken. The woman blamed USPS, but she didn't wrap the heavy glass stopper separately & it was what broke the bottle. I wanted to tell her so she didn't make that mistake in the future, but I was worried she'd feel blamed...so I let it go. It took me hours of searching to find just the right selection of blue bottles to present to David. But in the end, we got a better one...or at least just as pretty. Dotty bracelet from England.
Starting work on my framing project. Oh! This orange purse I found on eBay is perfection...& I've never had anything come easier...I searched for, 'orange leather purse' & this one came up first & I stopped looking. I originally bought the slightly larger one, but the man wrote to say they had sold the last one & gave me several options...the one I took was to get the same bag, same color...just a bit smaller...for $35 less than he was selling it for...& it's actually a better size for me. Marketplace had a table I wanted less than an hour away...so we took a trip to this antique store in Watertown. I have always wanted a jukebox. Someday. 
The table against the wall is the one we came for, but we ended up with all 3 tables pictured, plus the candleholder. 
I spied this lovely house while driving away & wanted to see it closer up...it's not as ornate as the houses I usually am attracted to, but I have a thing for brick houses. Check out the back of this table...both matching tables carry the design all the way around...which is very unusual. All of these tables are extremely well made & I feel lucky to have found them. We went to Target to look for 3 things...none of which they had...there is a reason we do online shopping. But I thought this correction was so very Madison...someone crossed out mens & wrote people's...People's Tools. Let's not gender tools. I agree. 

 

1 comment:

  1. People can try to imitate what you've done but it will never be exactly the same or as awesome as what you've done. :) Your ceiling is a real artwork and like any artwork people may attempt their own version but it cannot be the same no matter how hard they try.

    It is interesting that you found that experience so upsetting though. I think that might be worth digging within yourself a bit more to look deeper at it.

    It is also interesting to me that in the close up photo of the grey dress I actually thought it was purple, not grey. But in other shots I can see it is grey. That is a slightly strange visual illusion there. :)

    Would love to know more about the framing project - I do a lot of framing in my work here. :)

    ReplyDelete