Thursday, February 3, 2022

Dinner at Lucille

Dress: Ruched Slip Dress by Anthropologie (size 16) via Nuuly
Shawl: Target
Shoes: Fluevog Bellevues: Vestal 
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
This dress was lovely. I considered wearing this for NYE, but it seemed too plain. It was the perfect LBD & there were so many tiny details that made it far from boring...like the delicate pleating, all the tiers, the uneven hem...& it felt like silk. Adore. I extra brightened this photo so you could see...black doesn't photograph so well...


I bought this velvet burnout shawl from Target years ago...it was an instance of my procrastination working in my favor. A friend had posted about it & I immediately went to the website to pull it up...& never got it...then it went on clearance for under $10 & I found it at a local store.

Notice I matched my tights to my lips...I wanted the shoes to pop a bit & didn't want black on black. 
Wearing this vintage necklace as a bracelet...
My make-up with this outfit included...Stila Stay All Day eyeliner in Intense Black, Ciaté: The Editor Palette New England, Burgundy lipliner from MAC, NYX Liquid Suede lipstick in Cherry Skies, & I Sing in Color nail polish by OPI. 
I wore this outfit to go out to dinner at Lucille with David...he had never been there & I wanted to support them since they are the only restaurant in town requiring vaccination. Look at this fabulous table they gave us with a view of the capitol. We began with cheese curds. They were good, but I wouldn't get them again...their sister restaurant, Merchant, has a better version. 
I started with a Moscow Mule & David had a mulled wine. 
OMG! These steel pan pork shoulder nachos (house made tortilla chips, smoked mozzarella, queso, sour cream, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, pork shoulder) were the best nachos I've ever had. The toppings to chips ratio was perfection. We had originally ordered shrimp ceviche, but thank goodness they were out. My second drink was a Pink Chimneys (Tito's vodka, Campari, blackberry, rosemary, lemon & lime juices, orange bitters, Jamaican #2 bitters, sparkling water)...& I think David got a Spicy Piña Mojito. 
The Weekender Detroit style steel pan pizza (tomato sauce, sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, cremini mushrooms, red onion, banana peppers, castelvetrano olives). There was also an El Diablo & a Mexican Firing Squad to finish off the evening. We had a lovely night. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment