Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Pizza Happy Hour at Lucille // Hayley Heynderickx at The Barn

Dress: The Marais Printed Chiffon Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size L) via Nuuly
Sandals: Fly London
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
This is the third time I've gotten this style of dress, so I guess I must like it. It's very relaxed & isn't meant to be fitted, although I do think it also runs a size big. Ideal maxi length & the long sleeves have elastic at the end, but I mostly wore them down & not pushed up. There is a slip included, which is needed as it's a light airy chiffon dress & therefore see-through. 
I first wore this style of dress in a pretty multi-colored floral...this print is completely different & a size down. 
I was pretty happy with the color match on these Fly London sandals...it's good to have a collection of shoes. 
And of course, orange is a natural with green.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Vestment & Relic eyeshadow by Kat von D, UD eyeshadow in Dragon, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, OPI nail polish in A Red-vival City.
I first wore this dress to take outfit photos & check out free pizza happy hour Friday at Lucille with David. It starts at 3 & you really need to get there then because it seems they put out a bunch of pizza right at the beginning & that is all that is available. We got there around 4 & the thin crust pizza was holding up, but the deep dish had a soggy bottom. For cocktails we had...a Spicy Pina Mojito (Pineapple Plantation rum, Don Q Puerto Rican rum, fresh lime juice, sugar, ginger beer, muddled mint...& a Jamaican Daiquiri (Wray & Nephew Jamaican rum, Don Q Puerto Rican rum, sugar, lime juice).My second drink was my favorite classic,  El Diablo (Milagro Reposato, raspberry syrup, lime juice, ginger beer)...while David chose a favorite Lucille drink of his, Mexican Firing Squad (Altos Blanco tequila, El Buho mezcal, agave, lime juice, Angostura bitters). Afterwards...we went home to get the dogs & take a walk around the neighborhood. Look...it's David, in front of the camera! Wearing Fluevogs.

And some selfies of us...because we are adorable...

I also wore this dress on a Wednesday...to work, then I stopped at the west side Vinny's to poke around...I found myself 2 dresses (one Banana Republic) & a blue silk cardigan. For David I got...a vintage purple plaid shirt from Corizon (made in the USA), brown pinstripe pants, light blue & white summer dress pants, & green & blue plaid shorts (all his pants still had the original tags attached)...I love thrifting. 
Then I went to the downtown market...where I bought veggies & a lovely man offered to take a photo of me with the flowers I bought...kindness from strangers always makes me smile. I walked around the square several times, but decided against Nitro coffee...even though I discovered my favorite place has it (Wonder State). 
Back at home...I roasted veggies for our picnic...then picked up the girlie & we headed to The Shitty Barn in Spring Green...I also brought along spicy peanut sauce & various toppings for our meal.
And raspberries from that day's market. I always check out the merch table after putting down my chair...I like to see if they have vinyl. 
Kate & me...
This is not the dress I thought she'd pick from the 2 I brought over...I love that we can share clothes now!
LéPonds opened for Hayley Heynderickx...both of them were great. Hayley asked for no photography, but of course I had to sneak a picture. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment