Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Della Mae // The Moors

Dress: The Marais Printed Chiffon Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size L) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earrings & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
This is my favorite print of these 3 dresses I've gotten. Relaxed fitting chiffon maxi...easy to throw on & go. There is a necessary slip included...it snaps to the dress to keep it in place. Fantastic dress. 
I first wore this dress in a multi-colored floral, then again in a bold green pattern...I've liked all of them, but the colors in this one are most me. 
And of course...Wendy jewelry goes with everything...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Double Life; Fireball, Relish, & Spike eyeshadow by UD; Blissful lipliner by Becca; Bite Beauty lipliner in 72; Nectar lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics; MAC lipstick in New York Apple; & OPI nail polish in Paint the Tinseltown Red.  
I bought these prints from Heather Renaux a few years back with plans of tarting up some frames before hanging them up. Accomplished! 
I had fun painting, glitter-fying, foiling, patina-ing, & Rub n' Buffing all these craft store frames. I was working on this project for months. And now, no matter how many times we clean, there will be glitter everywhere. Yay! 
I found star glitter in a few varieties, which I thought went well with a lot of these night scenes. 
All of these prints are circus themed, but Heather also has a Day of the Dead mermaid series I adore...I would have a few of those in our bathroom if David liked them (Day of the Dead doesn't work for him). 
I love being surrounded by these beauties in my home office/make-up room/jewelry den (I need a compact name for this space). They make me smile. 
I first wore this dress to see Della Mae at The Stoughton Opera House. 
This all-women string band was a blast...I had never heard of them before, but I listen to everyone the Opera House books because I always discover new gems. 
A quick stop at Peck's Farm Market on the way to APT. Pictures before picnic. 
It was a sunny day, but getting chilly as the sun set.
I added a navy MAK cardigan, navy Snag tights, & some close-toed Born flats to make this outfit appropriate for the cooler day. For our most likely, last picnic of the season, I made us a salad based on Milk Street's recipe for Shrimp Kerkennaise...& added a bunch of stuff. We wood smoked veggies & shrimp on the grill & the sauce was the best version I'd ever made. While the picnic was amazing...we left the play, The Moors, after suffering through the first hour. I had really been looking forward to this dark comedy, but it just fell flat. Jim DeVita was excellent as a Mastiff. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment