Thursday, October 13, 2022

Fermentation // Brian's Last Day in Madison // Fire!

Dress: Floral Ruched Waist Midi Dress by Maggy London (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
Fun tropical dress in navy with lots of sherbert-y colors. The fit was spectacular thanks to the shirring in front. It was fairly casual, but it's nice to have a dress like that once in a while...because there are occasions I don't need to wear a ballgown. Right?
Since getting more leg tattoos, I don't wear teggings nearly as often as I used to...but I still adore them.
I'm not typically a fan of matchy matchy...but this vintage jewelry set I found (in 2 different places) makes me happy.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath; Analogue, Fran, & Legend eyeshadow by Kat von D; Orange County lipliner from NYX; Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork; Habanero lipstick by MAC; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
I got a fermentation book from the library & decided to try making some pickles...one jar is freshly grated ginger & horseradish & the other is the standard garlic dill. I've both canned & made refrigerator pickles, but this was my first time just letting them sit out on the counter for a few weeks & ferment. 
Couple podiatrist time. Several months back, David got me some products from One Skin for my face & body...I think they make my skin look nicer...or I imagine they do...so David got me a few more bottles. What I *know* makes a difference...Grand Lash MD...I'm not sure why I took this photo, but I did...so I'm sharing it with you. My lashes are amazing after using this for just a few months. 
I wore this dress on Brian's last full day in Madison. I made us an all Wisconsin breakfast (except for the Irish butter): garlic roasted fingerlings, bacon, fried eggs, & Cress Spring toast with jam.
After eating...we met Kate for a walk near her new place...she & Jason moved rather suddenly when their landlord asked if anyone wanted to get out of their lease early. Pheasant Branch Conservancy is a beautiful nature preserve that I've driven by for years, but have never ventured into before this day. 
Tiny turtle..I hope no-one stepped on him... 
After the walk...I popped into Kate & Jason's new place...check out that awesome rock wall. Then, Kate & Jason came over that evening for fire!
And of course...Kate brought a sparkling Michigan wine to drink. I was worried about not doing anything fancy, but I thought it turned out to be one of the more yummy fire meals.
First up...hot dogs...I had this genius idea of using the mini Stella's hot & spicy cheese breads that Brian bought at farmers' market as buns...I'll never have fire without them...they were marvelously delicious. Kyra was interested in Kate & Jason's vegan dogs...or you know, just food in general.
With David out of town...I took over his role of cooking things in a carbon steel pan...I sautéed some garlic & broccoli & it was pretty much the tastiest thing ever. And finally...I've had this idea in my head for a while of making a grilled cheese with kimchi...it was even better than I imagined...especially with Cress Spring's French Walnut bread. 
And you just have to finish fire with a s'more. Lovely company, perfect fire. Then Kyra discovered she loved this giant Kong toy filled with kibble. Our dogs aren't interested & I was going to tell Brian to take it home in the morning because I was sure I'd be up before they left...but they snuck out before I was awake. I'm so glad Brian came to visit...it was a lot of fun & he doesn't get to Madison nearly often enough.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment