Monday, October 17, 2022

The Walk Everywhere Dress

Dress: Ditsy Floral Print Sleeveless Midi Dress with Ruffles by Taylor Dresses (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
This was just such an easy dress to wear...it was too big...I never know what size to get. It was pretty & feminine & comfortable. Despite all that, I wouldn't buy it as there was nothing special about it.
Our Nikon bit the dust...so we had to take iPhone photos. It's not that I think the iPhone takes bad pictures...but I think the perspective is off on people shots.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, Nars Meditraranee eyeshadow palette, Clockwork lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics, Bang lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
I combined a trip to Kate's so she could try on 2 of my Nuuly dresses to decide which she wanted to wear to the next night's concert...& then I took another walk on the trail near her. 
I adore this round gate with the steps leading away from it.
Then I arrived home to 4 boxes of sandals from Poshmark. I immediately had to gold Rub n' Buff the ones with silver buckles. 
Later, I went for a second walk around Olbrich Gardens...where I kept running into a photographer who was taking (I'm guessing) Senior portraits for a girl who was there with her mother...they'd hold up a sheet for her to change outfits. It was fun watching them...the spots the photographer chose, & how she gave direction...she seemed to say, don't smile, a lot. I don't usually keep the pictures I'm not at least smiling a little bit in...but I have terrible resting bitch face.
I also wore this dress again a few days later to have my 3 month (he cancelled enough that it was actually 5 months) appointment with the plastic surgeon who did my neck lift. I have been telling him for a while that I am not happy with the results, & for the first time...he agreed & said we could fix it over the winter. But...would you let the person who didn't do a good job try again? On your face? After the appointment...another walk. 
It's so pretty here! Kate suggested this trail, & after it was over...I was flattered she thought I was up to that. I mean, I did it, it was more up & down than I'm used to, but that's good.
After my walk...I decided to check out Madison Night Market on State St. They had just that day unveiled the new rainbow crosswalk.
There were lots of vendors & a DJ playing music. I love supporting local, but these little markets never have anything for me...it was still fun to wander. I went into the original B-Side Records for the last time...they are moving up the street. When Chad & I first moved to Madison, we'd walk there from our apartment all the time & spend more money than we should have on CDs.
The final time I wore this dress was to work, take these photos, & attend the Wednesday farmers' market where I bought myself pretty flowers. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment