Monday, October 3, 2022

A Trip to the Farm // Lissie at The Barn

Dress: Mod Geo Amiya Midi Dress by Leota (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Dansko
Earring & Bracelets: Vintage
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
I liked this dress a lot...great cut, fit, & length...& I just adored the colors & pattern, which surprised me as there was white involved...but also several shades of green & a dark navy. Fantastic work to fun dress. 
I have Fluevogs that matched this dress perfectly...I had planned on wearing a cardigan with the shoes for a fall outfit...then I forgot...or decided the shoes were too fancy for the dress...I can't remember which. 
These sandals though...I already had them in orange & was thrilled to find them on Poshmark in green. They are comfortable & a good addition to this ensemble. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue; Dragon, Heroine, Bobby Dazzle, & Last Sin eyeshadow from Urban Decay; Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork, Habanero lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game? 
These mushroom tights from Uye Surana were advertised to me while I was at Brian's...why would I say no to mushroom tights?! And a marvelous mustard skirt from Effie's Heart. David brought home this turquoise purse for me that he found at Vinny's...it's rare he doesn't get my taste. I'll keep it for a bit, but it's not really me. David & I went out to Kate & Tony's farm/house...I wore the same dress as I did to go to waterfalls with Brian...but I forgot to add these photos to that post...so here we are. Do you know how delightful I find rusty old things? Their farm was full of fantastic finds around every corner. 
Corn! Tony's dad is an actual farmer across the street...but he plants here too. Hi, Oscar...what an ideal life for a dog. 
They have not one, but TWO corn cribs!! I have been obsessed with them since June when Brian & I ate ice cream in one...it was just the cutest outdoor seating area...& wouldn't it be ideal for a hot tub?!
I love that there are trees growing through them...
What prompted this visit...Kate thought I might like this old porcelain double round sink in one of their barns...it's beautiful & I can't wait to plant flowers in it next year. Check out that hand painted photo of their house & farm that the previous owners left for them! It was fun to tour Kate & Tony's farm, property, & house...the amount of work they put into remodeling their house blows me away...it's lovely. 
On our drive home, we spied this 70s plum crazy Challenger...we had to stop & admire it. 
This was my dream car & how we ended up with Veronika. 
I wore this dress to work & Wednesday farmers' market to buy myself flowers. And come home to free cardigans! My favorite cropped ones from MAK. They sent me 8 of them...perfect timing as none of my old ones fit me. Thanks, MAK! 
I also wore this dress to The Shitty Barn to see Lissie. Her parents were there & it was adorable how proud they were of her. Great show. 
Rob, the photographer, posted this picture he took at the show...& you can see me just a bit peeking out in the front row...
I wore this dress again to a doctor's appointment. I bought these purple Fluevogs on Poshmark because they're a great color & shape...perhaps  a bit conservative...but sometimes that's the right look. David went to California to visit his parents...& I made myself food. I know, it doesn't seem like a huge accomplishment...but I'm not always so good at feeding myself when he's gone. What fun is it to cook if there is no one to appreciate it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment