Monday, October 24, 2022

Sunday with Super Boo: Nitro Coffee & Lucille // William Elliot Whitmore with The Local Honeys

Dress: Collage Midi Dress by Geisha Designs (size XL) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Jael Designs
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
Of course this dress with its plentiful patterns petitioned me to give it a try. And leopard! It was a nice dress, but it ran at least a size too large. The light silky fabric was ideal for a warm autumn day. I enjoyed wearing it, but once was sufficient...& I'm not really sure why...it certainly was colorful enough...& I liked that the sleeves were different patterns. It had functional fabric covered buttons all up the front...& I'm never a fan of that. 
I got to wear one of my new Born sandals I found on Poshmark...after I Rub n' Buffed the buckles an antique gold. 
I have 5 M is for Meshel/Muffin earrings...I love them. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Double Life; Carnelian, Phlox, & Laurel eyeshadow by Natasha Denona; Becca lipliner in Blissful; New York Apple lipstick from MAC; & OPI nail polish in Paint the Tinseltown Red. 
I wore this dress on a Sunday in mid-September to spend some time wandering with David...we walked around the capital square...& I spied this new restaurant. We had planned on getting nitro coffee at both Wonder State & Collectivo...to compare. Sadly, despite the posted hours stating they were open (& someone was inside), the door was locked. So Collectivo it was. This was David's first nitro coffee. 
Strolling one more loop around the capital...I love these bits at the corner fountains...it has both my home cities, as well as my lake represented. 
We contemplated walking to Sal's on Livingston...but thought we'd start at Lucille first...then make our way there. We tried something new...Roasted Pork Belly Lettuce Wraps (Pritzlaff Farms pork belly with hazelnut mole, salsa, roja, fried plantain, pickled vegetables, tajin, Bibb lettuce)...YUM. Cocktails outside on a beautiful afternoon...I had a Le Freak (Servero tequila, pistachio orgeat, lychee, blueberry, lemon, rose water) & David tried a Brick House (Probitas white blended rum, Aelred melon liqueur, Luxardo Bitter Bianco, lemon bitters). Shortly after this was served...Staying Alive came on (& I just realized the disco theme with Le Freak & Brick House) & I got up & David immediately followed me & we danced the entire song...at first practicing The Hustle we had just learned, then improvising & free form feeling the music. 
The best pizza we've ever had at Lucille...Pizza el Pastor (Aji basil cream, mozzarella, roasted mojo pork, adobo sauce, blistered tomatillo pineapple salsa, fresh cilantro). Round 2 drink, my favorite, El Diablo (Milagro Reposada, raspberry syrup, lime, ginger beer). 
I could not take enough photos of this Detroit steel pan pizza...I loved it so much. Unfortunately, the first pizza they brought us had a bit of raw dough...so they remade it entirely & brought us some complimentary cheese curds while we waited. At this point, we were like...we are not making it to Sal's, this is enough food. Taking sneaky pics of this woman's dress that I liked. David's second drink was Once Upon A Time in Mexico (Melagro silver, Banhez mezcal, Laird's apple brandy, pineapple, Serrano, Angostura bitters, simple syrup). Another delightful day with David. 
That night...I went to Bur Oak to see William Elliott Whitmore again (I'd seen him earlier this year at the barn). The Local Honeys opened & they were fabulous. 
Will put on another amazing show (& I have tickets to see him a third time at Stoughton Opera House). I liked his show at the barn slightly better...only because he had 1/2 the barn up & dancing. It was a lovely night of music, I only wish the guys around me wouldn't have sung nearly every word. 
I bought the 2 vinyl The Local Honeys had. The next day...I went to my first ever Pilates class...I adored it. It was my first time taking an "exercise" class that I wasn't looking at the clock every 5 minutes wondering when it would be over. Great instructor, & totally free at my gym...Mondays & Wednesdays at 10. After class...I went to Woodman's to stock up on the Polar Ice seasonal flavors I liked. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment