Sunday, October 23, 2022

Our First Ballroom Dancing Lesson // The Rivals

Dress: Robyn Wrap Dress by Hutch (size XL) via Nuuly
Shoes: Fluevog, Bellevues: Mary Field 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace, Bracelet, & Purse: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
I was completely smitten with this magnificent maxi...the colors! The wavy stripe pattern! The light chiffon! The true wrap style with balloon sleeves & flounce high/low hem...good fit & length. This is one to own...it could be worn anywhere...if you like to be overdressed like me. I wouldn't wear it to Pilates...but outside of that...
It was mid-afternoon when we took these photos...we went to a few different locations in Spring Green...but the light was just harsh & overcast...too bad because I would have liked better photos of this beauty. 
Any chance to wear Fluevogs.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Viper, Huda Beauty eyeshadows (Coral Obsessions & Desert Dusk palettes), Clockwork lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics, MAC lipstick in Habanero, OPI nail polish in Paint the Tinseltown Red. 
The day I wore this dress...I first threw on something more casual (Effie's Heart cotton dress) to peruse farmers' market. Tory Miller said hi to me (local chef & owner of one of the best restaurants in Madison). I had to think about...why did that make me smile? And what I came up with was...I love when people share their creativity, art, & beauty with me/us...it shows me who they are & they are bravely being vulnerable. That's part of the reason music & live performances often bring me to tears. I see you. Thank you.
David & I took our very first Ballroom Dancing lesson on this day...sooooo much fun! First we had a group lesson, followed by a private lesson...but we were the only people that showed up to group...so both private lessons...the only difference was the group class theme was Fox Trot, so that was already set. Us Fox Trotting...
Then Kristina, our instructor, picked The Hustle for us because we wanted something basic. 
Us live & in action...do The Hustle!

Then, in the afternoon...we headed to Spring Green...where we took these photos in terrible light...then popped on over to APT to picnic. I made us an, as always, amazing salad...dill/ginger/orange/salmon with a variety of toppings & champagne that we weren't supposed to drink (I didn't know that) from Kate's cellar in our bomb shelter. We got rained on...but the food & champagne were both so delightful...we stayed put & got a little wet...then we were rewarded with a beautiful, but subtle, rainbow & sunset as the sky turned a brilliant red & purple...& the rest of the night was perfect to sit outside & enjoy a play. The Rivals was hilarious & we adore closing nights.What a completely lovely day with my love. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment