Friday, October 7, 2022

Farmers' Market with Brian // Sal's in Sun Prairie // Mike Munson at Slowpoke

Dress: Ruched Midi Dress by Maeve (size 14) via Nuuly
Sandals: Alegria
All Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Photography: Super Boo, Brian, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
Gorgeous bold poppy print dress...the green pearl vines were my favorite part of the pattern. The fabric was thick & silky, there was a just above the knee slit, & ties at the waist that were supposed to gather the fabric so there was ruching, but that didn't look right to me, so I didn't. The fit was good with the exception of gaping under the armholes so my bra peeked out. 
I had it in my head that I needed to take photos of this dress with the tall pink hibiscus flowers at Olbrich...but it was such an overcast day & not quite yet the best time either...so the pictures are shadowy & unflattering...oh, well. At least we got to finish them...they close at 6 & don't typically care if you're out by then (there is an after-hours turnstile), but there was a special event & they were clearing the park. An employee came around, looked at us, & stated...you're artists with the reception...it wasn't even a question...so we nodded. 
I'm always fond of dresses that have something going on in the back...don't ignore the back. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Rose Burst, Grass, & Lime Crime eyeshadow from Lime Crime; NYX lipliner in Fuchsia; Becca lipliner in Mood; Strawberry Froze lipstick by Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in My Gecko Does Tricks. 
I wore this mini dress so much, I keep coming across more photos of me wearing it. Farmers' market with Kate, our apple tree, & David working on the pergola. 
After photos of this dress, we wandered around Olbrich a bit...they had just finished setting up for Gleam, & were getting ready for an artist's reception that night. And back at farmers' market on a rainy Saturday with Brian. Wisconsin: The sun just came up, would you like a beer with that?
What were we eating? A ginger scone? I don't remember eating anything. Shortly after this, any pictures I took of Brian looked like he was entering a wet t-shirt contest. 
I couldn't resist picking out a variety of sunflowers on the way back to the car.
Happy smiling sunflowers...
For lunch, Brian & I drove to Sun Prairie to the original Salvatore's Tomato Pies. I had a Madison Smash (Sal's Wollersheim Press House brandy, lemon, orange, St. Elizabeth allspice dram, bitters) & Brian sipped The Black Pearl (Buffalo Trace bourbon, house-made balsamic-fig reduction, Clockwork Orange). We started off with a Caesar salad, which they make a fantastic version of...hardly anyone serves it with anchovies...& they make their own Parmesan crisps. 
For Brian's first Jersey pie...my favorite, Farmer John's (WI mozzarella, heirloom tomato, bacon, mushroom, roasted garlic, Farmer John's smoked gouda, caramelized onion, black pepper, fresh basil). I ordered a pasta dish (shrimp scampi), but then asked the waitress to change it to a burger...I was just really in the mood for one. "Can I Take Your Order" Burger (1/3 lb Wells Farm beef, Hooks 2 year cheddar, Yuzu dressed Napa cabbage slaw, charred scallion Kewpie mayo, toasted sesame seeds)...I asked for medium rare, on the rare side...& it was cooked to perfection. Brian has a sweet tooth, so we usually order dessert when we go out...this Butterscotch Buddino was an excellent one...caramel, sea salt, shortbread cookie...yummmm. 
Goth planter outside...I loved it. Later that evening...I went to Slowpoke to see Mike Munson, with Matt Monsoor opening. Brian & I had plans to see another band, but he was anxious about leaving Kyra alone so much...so I went by myself. They make a good Aviation here...I'm always sad when I try to branch out & try another cocktail. 
First up, Matt...followed by Mike Munson. I had never heard of either of these guys before & they were both good...I especially liked Mike...he reminded me of Charlie Parr, but with more pants...& I came home with vinyl. Here is a photo of the ruching...it just seemed bulky & unnecessary. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment