Wednesday, September 28, 2022

1 Year Surgerversary // Meeting Wendy // Seratones

Dress: Real Love Maxi Dress by Free People (size XL) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Tess, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
I never thought I'd say this...but I guess I love pink. Most shades go well with my skin & hair...& almost give me a glow. I adored this maxi, even if my bra showed...the soft cotton was just such a fantastic warm weather casual dress. There were pockets & the fit was great. I felt pretty wearing this...that is always how you know it's a keeper...& makes me wonder, yet again, why do I wear anything less?
I was able to tuck my band in, but there was no hiding the bra straps...at least they match & are a pretty color. All the tassels, please. 
I wish my hair would stay this color longer...Brian has hit upon the perfect red for me.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath, Huda Beauty Neon eyeshadow palette, Rose Burst eyeshadow from Lime Crime, Bang lipliner by UD, Nectar lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
I came home to my favorite raspberries from Fern that David picked up at her farm while I was in Munising. I first wore this dress to hit up the Wednesday farmers' market...where I bought us flowers & veggies. After market, I drove out to Sauk to have my 1 year visit with my knee surgeon. It was exactly 1 year prior that I was in the hospital with him performing his magic on me. He told me I was abnormal...most knee replacement patients do not do as well as me. I continued to lose weight over this past year, I did all my PT, & I walk & move...because I'll never take that for granted again. I let him know how grateful I was to him for taking a chance on me...none of the doctors here would touch me, even though I had already lost 100 pounds. I was too fat for surgery. He told me it was patients like me that keep him going & enjoying his job. As the office door closed behind me, I heard him say to his nurse...extraordinary. The next day...I got to meet THEE Wendy Baker!!! Her daughter is starting medical school here & she made time for me during her whirlwind visit. We went to Marigold Kitchen for lunch & she is as delightful as her fabulous floral creations. I was so excited to be back at Marigold...I hadn't been there since 2019. Wendy chose a Grilled Sweet Corn, Black Bean, & Avocado Wrap (hominy corn, roasted red pepper, chipotle mayo, cucumber salsa, crushed tortilla chips & romaine, wrapped in a flour tortilla...served with fennel seed red cabbage slaw). I ate a Seared Shrimp & Avocado Caesar (orange, pickled radish, queso fresco, cilantro, garlic croutons, & romaine, with a lime avocado caesar dressing)...oh, my...this was so good I'm still thinking about it...& I just checked & it's no longer on their menu. Sadness. After chatting our way through our meal...we headed over to Batch Bakery to get some treats before I delivered Wendy back to her husband & daughter. Tess kindly offered to take pictures of us to document our first meeting. Wendy made the adorable dress she is wearing...& obviously, the necklace...she is a woman of many talents. I am so happy to have met this charming lady after decades of knowing her online. Later that day...Kate, Jason, & I traveled to Spring Green to see Seratones at The Shitty Barn.I made us a scrumptious cumin roasted salmon salad with a cilantro pistachio dressing...On to the show...Heavy Looks opened...& then we took a cute front row selfie...I had no idea what to expect or why we had all chosen to see Seratones...but, WOW! We made a fantastic choice...they were incredible. AJ had the entire barn up & dancing...it was amazing & so much fun! There needs to be more dancing at the barn. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment