Thursday, September 22, 2022

Visiting Brian: A Night of Music

Dress: Teal Floral Print Fit & Flare Dress (size 0x) by Smak Parlour via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earrings & Necklace: Wendy Baker 
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Brian, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
Another adorable dress from Smak Parlour...they make cute things in fun patterns, but they are terribly cheap & I would never buy one...although, so far every dress I've gotten has been in good shape. Fabulous retro 70s print. This was a great fit...it was big on me, but that's my fault for picking the wrong size. Based on my past experience, this brand fits tts. 
I love these shoes & am so happy I got them! Unfortunately, after only a few wears...they are separating between the foot & heel...I am going to glue them in the hope that will fix it. They are SO comfortable. 
Wendy jewelry goes with everything & makes it better...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Huda Beauty Neon eyeshadow palette, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, Clockwork lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
I first wore this dress to work, Wednesday farmers' market, & to get outfit photos. New Dansko sandals found on Poshmark. 
The second time I wore this dress was while visiting Brian. We got up in the morning & went to his salon so he could cut & color my hair...look at this newfangled machine! He can store my formula in it & it will magically mix it up. 
Back at Brian's house, I made some Butter Shrimp with Kimchi & roasted veggies. Then we went into Marquette to run a few errands & go to Ore Dock Brewing Co. to see Michael Waite's band, Adam Sawfox. Brian has been a fan of his for years (he used to play at farmers' market when Brian had a stall there), but I only got into him during the pandemic when he would do live shows on Facebook. 
Brian ordered an Ore Dock beer & I chose one of their Breakwater Seltzers, Strawberry Champagne, I think? It was delightfully refreshing. While waiting for the music to start, we played Blokus...there were missing pieces with every color, so we made up our own set. 
This particular weekend was Ore Dock's 10 year anniversary party. I remember coming here shortly after they opened with my parents. 
Michael Waite & Adam Sawfox. They were good, but really unorganized...it was like watching a rehearsal in their basement. We stuck around until intermission, then drove back to Munising to see the next band.
Church of Cash at Gallery Coffee...the place was packed. We had originally thought Brian's nephew was going to save us a seat, but he was worn out from work & stayed home...so we were on our own. Shortly after we walked in, someone shouted my name & gave me a hug. It turns out it was Erika, who had friended me on Facebook a few years back...but I was never sure how I knew her. She told me I'd cut her hair back when I was in cosmetology school & I'd made a big impression on her because of how I was back then & I had told her not to let anyone tell her who she was or what to do with her hair. It was really nice to chat with her & hear a bit of her story. This cover band was SO good...I would seek them out & see them again. 
With no place to sit...I thought, I might as well dance. So I did. Hilariously, at the end of the night, I got several compliments on what a good dancer I am. I'm used to lots of comments on how I look, but never my dancing. That made me smile. It's not easy to put yourself on display doing something you think you're terrible at...& then to hear nice feedback...was...nice. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment