Monday, September 26, 2022

Visiting Brian: Munising Waterfalls // Swimming in Superior

Dress: Cherry Blossom Mini Dress by Free People (size L) via Nuuly
Leggings:
Sandals: Born
Purse: Portland Leather, gifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: JaelDesigns
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Brian, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
They say this is a dress, but...I wore leggings & needed to, as you can see here. I absolutely adored the mustard color, the plunging neckline (I wish the button would have stayed closed), the puffy sleeves, & ruffled layers with lace bits. This ran really big & I could have gone down 2 sizes.
I had to yank these out of my sleepware drawer because I didn't have any plain black leggings. David bought them for me & they're a nice snug fit. 
I'm so happy that I bought this brown flower necklace...it has such great autumnal colors & I always enjoy wearing it.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon & Lucky; Carnelian, Jasper, & Azalea eyeshadow from Natasha Denona; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Gothica lipstick by Kat von D; & OPI nail polish in Rising Star. 
I wore this outfit on my last full day in Munising with Brian. We started off with a breakfast I made...smoked salmon cream cheese omelets with roasted veggies & Cress Spring toast. Afterwards, we headed over to Gallery Coffee so I could see it in the daylight...we didn't get any coffee though...I can't remember why...it was probably too late in the day for me since I stop by noon. I think Brian told me one of the owners is a photographer & this is his work on display...stunning pictures of the U.P. 
This space is even prettier in the light...such a great old building.
I'm in love with that shipwreck photo...perhaps next time I am there I will get some prints.
We had decided to stay in Munising & explore...first up, Miners Falls...a wee wonderful wooded walk...
I love waterfalls...surprising since my mom used to drag me to them when I was a kid & I remember being hot & lots of mosquitos...now I seek that out on my own.
Then...on to Miners Castle, the Pictured Rocks area is so beautiful.
I remember this from when I was a kid...I know I've been to all the places we went on this day...but this one is more memorable...or perhaps it's just because it's so iconic to this area. Just look at that water...
We hiked down to get closer to it, but really...it's more dramatic from far off.
And our last stop, Munising Falls...I think we ended up walking around 5 miles...such a delightful day.
A kind stranger offered to take our picture.
Back at Brian's...I noticed their neighbor's hydrangea bush across the street...I've never seen one so stunning...it had ALL the colors. How do they do that?! I convinced Brian that going swimming was a good idea, so we put Kyra in the car & went to the beach. 
I love water so much...especially my lake, Lake Superior. I couldn't believe how nice the water was...I wanted to say warm, but...well, for Superior, it certainly was. Back at home...I made us roasted veggies with Thai peanut sauce. 
The next day, I had to say goodbye for now. I headed into Marquette to meet Bryant for coffee (I know, I'm wearing the day before's dress, but I didn't want to put my days out of order). Bryant & I hadn't seen each other in 10 years! We'd had a falling out & I was happy he asked if I wanted to get together. And he told me about the perfect beach nearby so I could go for a final swim...Founders Landing...
I was alone with the exception of a pair of day drinkers. Swimming in the sunshine in the warm water was marvelously relaxing. 
Just above...Lake Michigan on my drive home. I had intended to go swimming here too, but I only went up to my knees...too dirty after spending time in my perfect lake...just look at the difference behind me in the water. And so ends my vacation. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment