Thursday, September 15, 2022

Farmers' Market // Elkhorn Antique Flea // Driving to the U.P.

Dress: Geometric Print Smocked Waist Fit & Flare Dress by London Times (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
 Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
Great fitting bright fun dress...I always adore a smocked waist because of how it conforms to your body & highlights its shape. I liked the various shades of pink with the seafoam green & small bits of black, yellow, & white...too pink for me to own, so it's a perfect rental dress. 
After just a few photos, the camera battery died...I hadn't been keeping an eye on it, so totally my fault. We had to do iPhone shots, so only the first picture is with our Nikon. You can see what a difference a professional camera makes. 
Trying to bring out all the colors with bracelets...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug, Lime Crime eyeshadow palette, Mood lipliner from Becca, Santorini lipstick by Ofra, Big Bang lipstick by UD, & Morgan Taylor nail polish in I'm From The Fuchsia. 
I first wore this dress to work & the Wednesday farmers' market, where I bought myself a bouquet of flowers...
I also wore it again to Saturday market with Kate...& went to several Asian grocery stores looking for the brand of red curry paste we like so I could make a big batch of Thai Spicy Peanut Sauce. 
I roasted some veggies for dinner to have with the sauce...then we froze the rest for future use. I wore this dress a third time to go to Elkhorn Antique Flea Market with David. That red claw thing is a cranberry picker, which we didn't buy...I just thought it was neat. 
Gorgeous barware & 2 big heavy metal tables...one for David's shop & the other for a coffee table in the Wreck Room. 
This took maximum effort to get in the truck & I'm not quite sure how David managed this on his own. A pretty hanging lamp for the Wreck Room. This Disney school bus was my lunch box when I was in kindergarten. 
Another hanging lamp for the basement & a filing cabinet for my craft room. After much walking around...lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Elkhorn...with a pitcher of mango margarita to share. 
Yum!
Viktor parked outside full of our finds. Back at home...we got this huge trough for planting herbs in the front yard & another metal sink for flowers. 
Organizer for David's shop, glass grape dish for the dining room, pickle jar from a movie theatre, & yet another hanging lamp for the basement...I've always loved these oil rain lamps...my grandma had one in her basement. We found one several years back, but it is missing the bottom decorative piece...now we have a complete one. 
Some frames for framing art, a book for David's dad, & another photo of the green hanging light. We didn't find as much stuff as usual on this trip...& it was the first time we got no jewelry or purses for me. Oh, well...there's one more. 
The final time I wore this dress was to drive to the U.P. to visit Brian. After getting gas at Costco, I realized I forgot to bring water...like they don't sell water up there? Traditional welcome to Munising meal made by Brian's lovely mom...pasties! Served with coleslaw & some chocolate peanut butter bars. Perfect. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment