Wednesday, August 10, 2022

First APT Play of the Season: Sense & Sensibility // Strawberry Picking

Dress: Patterned Tiered Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size XL) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
This light airy dress was a dream to wear. I thought, why did I get a long sleeved dress in June/July...but it was great for a wee bit of sun protection & a change from all the sleeveless dresses I've been wearing. The elastic at the end of the sleeves gave them a finished look...I thought I'd end up pushing them up to my elbows, but I never did. I enjoyed all the colors & just the right amount of ruffles in this...I especially liked them around the neckline & just tying the tassel ended ties loosely. Ideal maxi length. It ran a bit big & isn't supposed to be too fitted anyway. I've got this coming to me in another print a size down. 
The light is never quite right here, but I just adore these rusty urns...
I thought this necklace & earring looked good with this dress, but now I see I should have gone with the ones that matched the bracelet...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire, Aruba & Hibiscus eyeshadow by Ace BeautÄ“, Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadow in Moss, Clockwork lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics, MAC lipstick in Habanero, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
Kate & I at a rainy Saturday downtown market...buying mushrooms from Jaimie. Wine from Kate's cellar in our basement for picnicking. 
Making a version of Anna Pump's Grilled Chicken Salad for the first APT play of the season...market goodness...
David grilled the chicken & asparagus I marinated on our charcoal grill...that flavor is intensely insane. Beautiful evening for a picnic. 
Angie brought a bunch of bonus veggies...so this salad was chock full of yum...
And for dessert..strawberries from market & a delightful fresh peach/cardamom/rum sorbet Angie concocted...made even better with dried Door County cherries I forgot to put on my salad. This signifies the start of summer to me...
Sense & Sensibility...they started out the season with a bang...not sure how they'll top this outstanding performance. It was incredibly long, but worth every minute. We had a group of APT actors sitting behind us & they thoroughly enjoyed watching this play...which always makes the experience even better for me. 
I also wore this dress to work a few times...& on one of those days...Wednesday market & taking Veronika in for an oil change. Check out this orange 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger....wow! My favorite color & the year I was born. A guy working there asked if we were going to race...I told him, we would win...but he's got the cooler car. 
Another after work afternoon activity...picking strawberries. YUM! I love strawberries SO much. We were especially fond of these Cavendish & spent way too much time picking the other variety, Jewel...next year, just these.. It was hard to believe that they'd be sweet with all that white...but they were delicious. 
So pretty & peaceful. About a half an hour in, I asked David how many berries were in his basket...none...he'd been eating them all. 
Kate & I used to go strawberry picking every year back when JenEhr grew them...& their question, would you like a chicken with that...still makes me laugh. They also raised chickens, so...
Another after work stroll through the garden where we took these outfit photos...
Full of color & beauty...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment