Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Them Coulee Boys on Lake Superior

Dress: Julianna Maxi Dress by Free People (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Earrings: Colleen Toland
Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Bangle Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
I had this dress back in April...& thought it would be the ideal vacation dress with sandals...so here we are. The reviews stated it ran big, so I ordered a large...Kate got one in medium at the same time & that is what I'm wearing here. So, it runs 2 sizes too big...& it's supposed to be a relaxed fitting dress. The colors are marvelous & I don't care that it's not flattering. 
We tried to hide my bra, but it just wasn't happening. I mean, I could have hidden it for these photos, but in real life...nope.
This is my first time wearing this necklace David got me for my birthday...it feels a bit dainty for me, but thought it was great with this dress.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Lime Crime, Rose Burst, Frosting, & RSVP eyeshadow from Lime Crime; Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game?
I don't remember what I'm doing here, but Kate thought we needed a picture. Me in my jammies making potato salad & curried deviled eggs for our potluck dinner. The yolks were so orange on the eggs I used, that I kept thinking...but I didn't put carrots in the potato salad. 
Brian & Kate dance party...
And the reason for our trip...Them Coulee Boys! Beau immediately took off his clothes & jumped in frigid Lake Superior while Soren filmed the whole thing. Kate got me my favorite Wisconsin band for my birthday back when they were doing a kickstarter for their most recent album. My dream was to have them play on Lake Superior & then my dream came true thanks to my girlie. We had SO much delicious food...& I never got a proper photo of it. Brian was so wonderful & took on grill duty since I wasn't comfortable with it...he grilled all the hamburgers & asparagus & they were perfect. 

I made a big batch of sangria that I enjoyed all weekend. I may have gone overboard on chip buying...but don't worry, we (mostly me) finished them over the next few days. These boys are expert rock skippers...I've never seen anyone bounce a stone over water so many times. Them Coulee Boys...I'll put a few videos at the end. It was a magical evening...fabulous live music on my favorite lake...soooo peaceful & relaxing. I didn't get a picture of one of the best moments of the night...Soren wandered off while someone else was playing a solo to grab another peanut butter bar & when Beau asked him to get him one...he decided to share the one he already had by having him take a bite of it while it was in his mouth. It was adorable. 

Soren jumped in the lake after they played while Beau filmed it. 
Look how nice these boys are...I would have never asked for a photo, but they suggested it. I've got too much social anxiety for that. And to make it even more awkward, I told Soren I'm sorry I wasn't friendlier, I've got anxiety. 
And one with Kate...
Wading in the water...I was like, it's not that cold...then I realized I couldn't feel my feet. Adorable couple during sunset. 
Sitting by the fire...Brian & I stayed up talking & were gifted with seeing the moon rise around 1am...it was such a brilliant ball of orange in the sky, I thought there must be a fire...it was a supermoon & it was spectacular...obviously photos don't do it justice. 
But we tried anyway. It was the perfect ending to a lovely day. 

 I Won't Be Defined...
You Can't Always Get What You Want...



No comments:

Post a Comment