Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Elkhorn Antique Flea Market // U.P. Tattoo

Dress: Boho Printed Maxi Dress by Love The Label (size L) via Nuuly
Sandals: Dansko
Earring: Kerala Rose
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
This boho dress was full of tiers & ruffles in an unusual color combination. The fit was super relaxed even in a size down from what I usually wear. This maxi length was perfect for me & is lined...a great warm weather dress in cotton that can be thrown on for anything & look cute...pockets included. 
I thought too big arm holes were a plus size thing...it turns out, it's just a woman's clothing thing...
I'm rather fond of the one big earring & no necklace look in the summer...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roach & Lucky; Ounce, Chaser, Dirty Talk, Lumbre, En Fuego, & Ember eyeshadow from UD; Chicory lipliner by MAC; Gothica lipstick from Kat von D; & OPI nail polish in ?
I wore this dress to attend the annual spring shoe & clothing sale this woman has...but neither David, nor I, found anything we needed. Then...we browsed a local nursery & picked out some flowers for our front yard. And I made 2 Christopher Kimball/Milk Street recipes for dinner...Pork Chops with Peanut-Guajillo Sauce, served with Broccoli with Lemon, Toasted Garlic, & Smoked Almonds. Then we have a bunch of pictures of things that caught my eye at Elkhorn Antique Flea Market, including the things we purchased...where I wore the orange/yellow Leota dress...but I forgot I wore that dress, so they didn't make it on that outfit post. 
This gorgeous art nouveau mirror was stunning, but I wasn't as madly in love with it as I would need to be to spend nearly $900. These Haskell & DeLillo necklaces both made me swoon...but they were each way more than the mirror, so I had to pick just one. Which one did I get? I have always wanted a bear skin rug...David does not share my desire...& I'm not sure I actually really want one, so *shrug*. 
These two statues? pillars? I wish I could see the house they ended up in...truly spectacular. 

These multi colored stained glass lights are destined for our wreck room...
This lamp was also about to become wreck room decor, but it was already sold *pout*. After 5 hours of intense shopping...lunch at Los Tres Hermanos...where David & I shared a gigantic mango margarita. 
And ate delicious food. We're not sure how it is that there is a better Mexican restaurant in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin than there is here in Madison. We found an orange chair for my kitchen work table...the color of fun...& our kitchen. 
This bird bath now lives on our front porch...along with this bar cart. 2 new pairs of cuff links for David, & a bracelet for my collection. 
This pretty bucket will be used to chill wine at the dining room table & the silver shell serving platter will be fabulous for oysters. The metal cherub vase is now in my jewelry/make-up room, but I haven't decided what will go in it yet. 
Another hanging light for the wreck room...& a second copper firewood bucket to fill with ice & keep drinks cold outside. This light fixture caught our eye because we'd like to redo it a bit, perhaps add some dramatic fringe & hang it underneath a painting in our living room.
This typewriter called out to David, so now it is in his office at home. An ornate mythology themed pedestal that I am using to display jewelry on in my jewelry/make-up room...& this serving utensil the vendor threw in with it. Another ice bucket for chilling wine...& an ink well.
2 fabulous purses...& a candelabra for the living room. 
My very first DeLillo necklace...it is spectacular...& a long Miriam Haskell necklace. That red Fenton bowl is in my make-up room & these red glasses have already held a delightfully concocted cocktail. 
I also wore this dress to work & to return the backup dress David bought me from Anthropologie...& exchange the one I kept for a different size. They have such gorgeous dresses there. 
Duck Heads & other oddities at Global Market...
And finally...Mar finishing up my U.P. tattoo....
I'm in love...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment