Thursday, July 21, 2022

Chicago: The Art Institute of Chicago // Food // Wandering

Dress: Black Floral Contrast Trim Dress by Smak Parlour (size 0x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Jessica Howard (size M), thrifted
Tights: ?
Shoes: Fluevog, Go Groovy: Aubrey 
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I adore these cutesy schoolgirl dresses from Smak Parlour...I just wish this one had black trim instead of white...I tried to cover it up as much as possible. Good fit & about the shortest length I feel comfortable wearing. The fabric is a bit cheap feeling, but it was a great one & done...& fun to style. 
I mostly wore this with the cardigan, but wanted to show the dress on its own. 
It's difficult to see here, but these tights have black stripes. This was my first time wearing these Aubrey's I bought over a year ago. Go Groovy shoes were definitely called for with this print. 
As was winged eyeliner...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Stila liquid liner in Intense Black, Huda Beauty Neon eyeshadow palette, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, Clockwork lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative. 
A wee bit of shopping at Ulta, the beauty supply, & Sephora.
I did not wear this dress on this day...I wore the Leota Rose dress, but forgot to include this on that post. I traveled down to Chicago again to visit my boyfriend, André, at a pipe show. We had breakfast at The Original Pancake House before heading into the city to go to The Art Institute of Chicago. Miniatures have always fascinated me...so these perfectly decorated period rooms are always a favorite. 
This Chagall takes my breath away every time...I sat on the bench for a while & just took it in. 
Selfie in the dress I was wearing...
More art that caught my eye...
André & his Ferris Bueller's Day Off moment.
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec...
Eyeballs & breasts on platters...
After the museum, André wanted some Chicago deep dish pizza...you would think I would have a favorite place...but we've always defaulted to Giordano's. We decided to try Lou Malnati's because it got great reviews. Giordano's is better...I'm going to make it my mission to find a truly great Chicago pizza...if you have any suggestions? The next day, André had pipe stuff to do...so I drove into Chicago to wander. First stop...tacos at Antique Taco...the best food I had that weekend. 
Back to Fluevog & a few thrift stores in the area. I really liked the color & pattern on this dress, but the fit was too baggy. Also, this was the day I actually wore the outfit in this post. 
Back at the hotel...I went to the pipe dinner with André. I was supposed to stay until Monday, but I ended up leaving on Saturday. There was too much waiting around for me with nothing to do. It turns out even though pipe shows are full of sexy men in beards...they are not that interesting to me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment