Sunday, July 24, 2022

Happy 23rd Girlieversary!

Dress: Printed Halter Maxi Dress from Plenty by Tracy Reese (size 1x) via Nuuly
Sandals: Fluevog, F-Trip: Bridget 
Earring: Kerala Rose
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I loved the riot of colors in this dress...so vibrant...doesn't it just make you smile? This abstract modern pattern is not something I'm typically drawn toward, but it was a great rental for a night. This long maxi required me to wear heels. The cotton fabric was substantial & there was wire in the hem to help keep its shape & there were pockets. I did have to iron this dress thoroughly...because cotton. The dress ran large & had to be pinned in on the sides & there was just no way to disguise the bra peeking out of the boob window...ideally, you just wouldn't have to wear one. 
How perfect are these Fluevog sandals David bought me?! I mean...the dress completely hid them, but I knew I was wearing them. 
These are currently on sale...they are super comfy, but I'm not sure I like any of the other colorways...I have been eyeing them in purple & green though...
You would think with so many colors to choose from that I'd have endless jewelry options, but one solid color seemed too boring...& this multihued Kerala Rose earring wasn't exactly right, but it made me happy. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mars; Ten, RSVP, Candles, & Lime Crime eyeshadow by Lime Crime; Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD; & Essie nail polish in Sexy Plunge. 
I wore this maxi to have dinner with my bezzer for our 23rd girlieversary. Look how cute Kate looks!!! Now that print is SO much more me. But we matched in vibrancy & didn't even plan it. 
Girlies forever...
David kindly offered to meet us at the capitol after dinner & take our picture...he's so sweet. 
My favorite shot...
It was a lovely evening Friday June 3rd (our actual anniversary is on the 4th, but there was rain forecasted & Kate is only eating outside)...I got there just as Red opened so we'd have our pick of tables & waited for the girlie. They have surrounded their patio with pretty flowers & it was nice to see heaters (we didn't need them, but will remember this for the future). 
I ordered a Tiki cocktail while I waited for Kate...this glass was ridiculous. Long Live Olmec (Angostura 7 year rum, apricot liqueur, coconut, lime, Bitterness Burlesque bitters). Kate sipped on a sparkling rosé.  
The girlie & her sushi...Black & Yellowtail (spicy albacore, mango, avocado, grilled scallions...topped with yellowtail, Serrano & black garlic aioli, tobiko, micro greens)...& Shiitake Mushroom Tempura (organic shiitake, sweet aioli, unagi sauce). 
The other girlie & her sushi...A seasonal roll, Year of the Tiger (tiger shrimp, avocado, smoked pineapple...topped with seared tuna, aji Amarillo tiger's milk aioli, white fish ceviche, micro greens)...& a Red signature roll, Mermaid Roll (shrimp tempura, avocado, pickled jalapeño, mango...topped with spicy tuna, strawberries, kiwi sauce). 
After our al fresco meal...we wandered to the capitol & saw an inflatable moon & chit chatted while we waited for David. It was a lovely night & I am lucky to have my girlie in my life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment