Friday, July 8, 2022

Heritage Tavern // Vanya and Sonia and Masha & Spike // Neil Gaiman

Dress: Floral Wrap Maxi Dress from Maeve by Anthropologie (size 16W) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earrings: Colleen Toland
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
Soft pretty dress in a cotton-like fabric. I adored the color combination of pastels mixed with the bold dark purple. The fit from the waist down was good, although it gapped a bit around the pockets. Up top however...kind of a disaster...too big & super plunge-y, I had to pin it closed to keep it from just falling off. It also flared out under the too large armholes. But, pretty, right? 
This old warehouse by our house has endless options for photoshoot backgrounds...this was our first time using this one...
This was my first time wearing this lilac necklace from Green Goddess...I thought it was so lovely, but also...when am I going to wear this light purple necklace?! Then, I did. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Viper, Lime Crime eyeshadow in Candles, orange shadow from Violet Voss Sparkling Cherry Limeade palette, a purple from Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions palette, Bang eyeliner & lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game? 
I made dinner...2 recipes from Christopher Kimball/Milk Street...Cashew Coconut Meatballs with Creamy Spiced Tomato Sauce, served with Stir-Fried Mushroom & Asparagus with Lemongrass. Then I took a selfie for my boyfriend before leaving the house. Cuties in front of Heritage. 
We got outfit pictures in just before it started pouring. Me with the capitol in the background & stormy skies. 
Hi, Heritage Tavern! 
We were actually going to a play next door, but were early enough to sit at the bar & have some cocktails before walking over. I had to have another Bananas Foster the People, because it's currently my favorite drink offering of theirs. David had a Fool's Spring, which was new the last time we were there. 
Gotham Bagel owner, Joe Gaglio, in the background with some of his employees...I love seeing small business owners supporting each other. My second drink was a Pistachio Mai Tai. David had the special drink on the board, Pail & Shovel (tequila, mezcal, malort, aloe liqueur, sage syrup, lime & grapefruit, & celery bitters)...I'm so glad he took a chance on that odd sounding cocktail as he ended up loving it & was able to tell its creator what he thought of it. Also, as it was pouring buckets outside...I turned to David & said, oh, no...we didn't bring an umbrella...he took my hand & guided it to his pants...where he had a collapsable umbrella in his pocket. Is that an umbrella in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Vanya and Sonia and Masha & Spike at The Bartell Theatre. SO good! They did an amazing job. Casting & acting for this were fabulous. Forward did this play back in 2015 & I'm sorry we didn't see it then. 
The next day, after a loooooong day at Elkhorn Antique Flea Market (which I forgot to post when I posted the dress I wore, I'll add it to my next post)...Neil Gaiman with Kate (rescheduled from 2020)! 
Pretty sparkly jumpsuit...
Neil Gaiman was wonderful & the girlie got us excellent seats to this sold out show. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment