Friday, July 22, 2022

Cow Petting

Dress: Garden Printed Midi Dress by London Times (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Alegria, gift from David
All Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I had this dress back in March & I just thought it was so pretty, I wanted to style it again for summer. I went down one size from a 14W last time, to a regular 16 here. Why do women's sizes have to be so weird?! A 14 should just be a 14. Perfect fit, great dress...my only complaint about it last time is that there was a seam up the front...but non-plus sizes don't appear to have that issue. 
I tried to pull different colors out of the dress this time, but...
Ultimately, I preferred my styling of this back in the winter.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath; Analogue, Legend, & Destroyer eyeshadow from Kat von D; Bite Beauty lipliner in 72; Clockwork lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics; Ofra lipstick in Santorini; & Morgan Taylor nail polish in Sunrise And The City.  
Rye likes to be by me at all times. David made us a salad, yum! And our landlord, Michael, sold the building our business is in & he had these barber chairs from the 30s in his salon. David spent a good portion of the day dragging these home. We are going to reupholster them & David had the brilliant idea of attaching some antique ceiling tin around the back. Another project we will get to...some day. David picked these pretty purple flowers for me that our neighbor planted in our yard. 
Selfie at the office. I wore this dress to work a few times. Dinner, Butter Kimchi Shrimp, with roasted artichokes & riced cauliflower. At the carwash...I find it soooo relaxing. I tried to guess the number of cows in this bag, but I'm rubbish at guessing, so I bought a bag. 
The errands continue...frames at Hobby Lobby...I know they are terrible, but they have great frames. I kind of need this everything bagel purse from Betsey Johnson...don't I? I've been eyeing it for 2 months now. I went on a shoe buying spree on Poshmark...mostly sandals. I thrifted those blue & orange shoes in a size 11 years ago & love wearing them, but they are huge on me, so I replaced them with an 8.5. Red flower wedges. 
I got to pet a cow at farmers' market! So cute! Kate took about 100 pictures of me. The girlie & I with the pride flag flying on the capitol for the month of June. 
Buying tasty carrots. A bit of fish shopping after market. And a snack when I got home...goat cheddar crackers with Wisconsin Tomme cheese, both from farmers' market & SO delicious. You know Wisconsin has the best cheese ever. 
Another pair of shoes...Boden yellow suede heels (all my shoes are too big on me, so I'm trying to replenish my collection). And I made dinner...Little Gem Salad with Garlicky Almond Dressing & Curried Duck Legs with Ginger & Rhubarb...the salad was nothing special, but I'd make those duck legs again, probably with chicken as you couldn't tell it was duck. New knives...I've long coveted these colorful Laguiole knives with the bee & we needed new steak knives...all the colors make me happy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment