Monday, July 25, 2022

Driving to the U.P.

Dress: Tropic Print Fit & Flare Dress by Unique Vintage x GB (size 0x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted 
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
A perfectly fine dress, nothing special. The slippery fabric felt like a cheap nightgown, but the print was cute enough. Good fit & length. I got quite a few compliments on it, so perhaps it was just me?
I do like how I styled it...
This *might* be my first time wearing this Wendy necklace? I can't recall. So at least this dress got me wearing things I don't get to that often. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Blaze, Wildheart, Still Shot, & Wanderlust eyeshadow by UD; Bite Beauty lipliner in 30; Rhubarb lipstick from Bite Beauty; UD lipstick in Big Bang; & Essie nail polish in Forever Family. 
My Poshmark sandal buying spree continues...I don't regret a thing. Pretty peonies in our yard...& a vaseful of some David picked for me. 
I wore this dress to shop a rainy Wednesday farmer's market, go to work, & poke around some thrift store with David...& to buy a charcoal grill. We've been waiting until we design our outdoor kitchen to buy the perfect grill, but...tired of waiting...so we just bought a temporary one so we can grill...I miss that flavor. This woman insisted on selling these sandals as a set with this purse...but it was cheap enough I finally just said yes to the shoes. 
I picked this dress up at Vinney's...it's cute & I need a few things that I own to actually fit me just in case I have no rentals at home. This vintage black bracelet has snakes on it, not sure if they are visible here. 
Rye helping David set up the grill...he's helpful that way. I also wore this dress to drive to the U.P. Kate, Jason, & I were all going to pile into his car...but we underestimated how much stuff I was going to bring...so I ended up driving Veronika. Iggy Pop for President 2024! Sure, why not?
I love being surrounded by trees. Hello Lake...you make me happy. Brian & I sat outside the cabin & had a glass of our favorite wine. My anxiety was at a 0. Unheard of. 
Kate & Jason with Lake Superior & a bit of fog. 
Brian! We all used to come up to this cabin in AuTrain every year for quite a while...but it had been 10 years since our last visit. It felt so wonderful to be back. I know it looks like a picture of my car, but it's actually of all the pollen floating through the air...it was ridiculous. 
I made us our first dinner on the lake...Salmon with Whole Lemon Dressing Salad with lots of farmers' market goodness. Kate brought 2 lovely Rieslings...one from Michigan. And then the girlie wanted to punch me because I asked her to move so I could get the lake in the background. Before she ate. 
Back at the cabin...the 4 of us played Ticket to Ride...Kate won...it was fun. I love playing games & don't get to do it nearly often enough. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment