Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The Harvey House // Dear Evan Hanson

Dress: Puff Sleeve Maxi Dress by Farm Rio (size XL), gift from David
Sandals: Fly London
Necklace & Earrings: Heidi Daus via Ebay 
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I felt gorgeous in this dress...the autumnal rich colors & tropical pattern were stunning. The fit was spot on, the puffy sleeves made it slightly more dressy, the gathered elastic waist gave good definition, & I loved those orange ruffles on the lower half. This is an ideal dress for spring & autumn...it's also light enough that it would be a lovely dress to wear to a summer event when it's under 80°. 
This is the dress David surprised me with from Anthropologie. He is SO sweet & thoughtful...I don't mention it often here because it would be too much. He is constantly trying to make my life better & bring wonderful things into it (he doesn't read this blog). His goal was to bring me ~8 dresses to choose from, but he only found this one & a back-up in case this one didn't fit. He knows me...this is *thee* dress I would have picked for myself. 
This was my first time wearing these green Fly London sandals...
I have a big sparkly sunflower necklace that I was going to wear...but David liked this one better...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roach & Lucky; Radio, Ignite, & Blaze eyeshadow from UD; Bang lipliner by UD; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; UD lipstick in Heat; & A Woman's Prague-ative nail polish from OPI. 
I wore this dress out to dinner with David at The Harvey House. We'd had reservations last fall, but canceled...so this was our first time. The restaurant itself is beautiful...it's behind the old train depot & its partly an inclosed train car, as well as what used to be the old baggage claim house. It's truly like stepping back in time to the 1930s...you can imagine just getting off the train after a long journey & having a fancy dinner at a local supper club. We began with cocktails...David started out with a Lion's Tail (bourbon, allspice dram, lime), while I chose a Penny Whistle (gin, Cappelletti, St. Germain, lemon). They were both marvelous...it was an excellent window into what was to come. 
A simple bread basket with warm rolls topped with crunchy sea salt & whipped butter...followed by our first starter, Salmon Tartare (red onion creme fraiche, egg mimosa)...we love a good tartare & this one was, but it was the only part of our entire meal that wasn't fantastic. Then we were delivered this perfect Chicken Liver Mousse (pickled shallots, port wine jelly)...David doesn't even like liver & he couldn't stop raving about this dish. 
Time for another drink. David is sipping a classic Sidecar (cognac, cointreau, lemon)...& I've got a Hotel Washington Punch (rum, grapefruit, lime, Door County cherry)...I love that they named a cocktail after their former neighbor. 
Onto our mains...I had to have the Superior Walleye (pumpernickel, Savoy cabbage, spatzle, horseradish sabayon)...it was perfection. David tried the Cider Brine Pork Chop (red wine braised red cabbage, ale apple jus)...& I also added on a Baked Potato with The Works...next time I'll try their creamed spinach instead. 
Our final refreshments of the evening...me with a Vesper (vodka, Lillet Blanc, gin) & David with a Chocolate Martini that took us back to our Magnus days (this one was better). Also, we couldn't resist their dessert menu...& because we are predictable...David went straight for the chocolate with a Double Chocolate Tart (chocolate ganache, chocolate cookie crunch) & I went citrus with a Lemon Tart (lemon curd, toasted meringue). 
After a delightful dinner...photos of my outfit, then on to The Overture Center to see Dear Evan Hansen. I've wanted to see this play since before the pandemic & it was on my list of must-sees on our Broadway trip for my 50th birthday...which never happened thanks to 2020. 
We had great seats & completely fell in love with this play...wonderful acting. It was a splendid night with my love. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment