Monday, June 13, 2022

Osteria Papavero // Henry Rollins

Dress: Julianna Maxi Dress by Free People (size XL) via Nuuly
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Shoes: Nine & Company, thrifted 
Earrings & Necklace: Green Goddess Vintage
Bracelet: Vintage
Purse: Echo, thrifted
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
Gorgeous muted color palette in my first dress from Free People. This would be an ideal summer vacation dress with sandals. As I was looking up the name of the dress for this blog post...I see it is currently on its way to me in one size smaller...I was just going to note here to get it again in summer in 2 sizes smaller (like most of the reviewers suggest)...ooops, I requested it again because I completely forgot I had already had it (these photos were taken back in April). I believe it is coming to Kate in a size medium, so I will be able to try that size on as well. 
As it was snowing on this day in April, I wore this dress with a cardigan...& these pretty green brocade shoes with subtle rhinestones. 
See, cute summer dress...I'm happy I get to wear it again...but ideally, I would have waited until July or August...my memory just keeps getting worse. 
My first time wearing this lovely set from Gayle at Green Goddess...she always includes matching earrings as a gift & even though they are smaller that what I typically choose...I didn't have a better match...& look, I wore them both. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, RSVP & Lime Crime eyeshadow from Lime Crime, Sugarpill Cosmetics eyeshadow in Fever Dream, Nectar lipliner by NYX, Bite Beauty lipliner in 72, Nectar lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game? 
I wore this dress to have dinner at Osteria Papavero with my sweetie...it was his first time here. 
We began as we usually do...with cocktails, which were not memorable here. 
Anitpasto di Mare...delicious...& more average drinks. 
This fried noodle-like bread has always been my favorite part of their breadbasket...we had to ask for olive oil, which I seem to remember was something they used to serve with it. For his main, David got braised pork shank au jus...while I chose, house made pasta filled with artichoke & ricotta with a scallop pea cream sauce. We were both quite pleased with our food. The cocktails, though...you see I finally resorted to a glass of wine...probably Prosecco. 
I couldn't resist the dessert combination of budino (butterscotch pudding) & amaro...it was a perfect ending to this scrumptious meal. Where did I get a Gail Ambrosius salted caramel truffle?! David must have gotten it for me (it was nearly 2 months ago, & I am old). After dinner...
Yay, Henry Rollins! David & I used to catch his tour every year, but of course...it's been since 2019. It's good to see you too, Henry! 
Still wearing the same uniform...still opinionated...
The next day was Easter, so I made us brunch...smoked salmon eggs Benedict, sautĂ©ed overwintered spinach from market, asparagus with hollandaise, roasted potatoes with garlic & rosemary, ginger scones with cream, & toast with orange marmalade. For dinner that night, I made us Yotam Ottolenghi's Roasted Pork Belly with Crushed Butternut Squash & Apple & Pecan Salsa with roasted apples & Batch bread left over from brunch. YUM...it was a good food day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment