Thursday, August 17, 2023

Workin' & Thriftin'

Dress: Flutter Sleeve Floral Fit & Flare Dress by Taylor Dresses (size 8) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Born via Poshmark
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Colors completely out of my color palette...& a fabulously unusual combination with the dark olive green thrown in with the turquoise, lilac, & white. Great length, adored the 2 layered flutter sleeves & high side slit. Lined in lilac. Pretty summer dress, my only complaint is...again...the smocked waist starts too far up...am I just getting the wrong size? This seems to be happening a lot this summer. 
The slit looks innocent enough above...but I wore this on 2 windy days & it was quite revealing. 
I find these floral wedges with flowers printed on the cork appealing...the cork doesn't hold up as well as I'd like...but I'm still considering picking these up in coral. 
This *might* be my first time wearing both the earring & necklace from Ms. Wendy...or second...either way, they are too cute to just sit at home, but they don't often match what I'm wearing. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss & Deep End, Twilight & Amethyst eyeshadow by Huda Beauty, UD eyeshadow in Mildew, Flashback lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone & Purple with a Purpose. 
Dogs playing in the backyard on the morning Brian left to drive back to the UP...we were sipping coffee...then headed over to the local Sunday market. Where there was music & food...& I wore my pajamas & not this dress. 
I got some rather tasty tamales from El Sabor de Puebla, one chicken, one pork...I'd definitely get the pork ones again...& 2 for $5...ridiculous deal. Brian got a grilled lamb skewer with a side of bean fritters at Les Delices De Awa...which I think both of us found not nearly as flavorful as they smelled. And I brought myself home some sunflowers. 
After Brian left, David & I decided to tackle the rearranging of our spices. It was slightly overwhelming...but look at the organization...
All of this represents 7 hours of work by both me & David. We had SO many spices that were all over the place. We used our new kitchen island to store chili & spicy blends, curries, blends with no salt, blends with salt, baking blends, & other cooking stuff. Our original pull out spice drawers house single origin spices from A-Z. And our cabinet left of the stove holds all our oils, vinegars, & a few salt & peppers. It is so easy to find things now! Organization...who knew?! We took a break in the middle of all this to eat the rainbow trout I bought at market, with some roasted veggies & berries. 
I wore this dress to work twice the following week...also, to get a lymphatic massage from Courtney & thrift. 
I came home to these Chie Mihara olive & mustard oxfords that I found on eBay for $30...this continues to blow my mind...I wish second hand Fluevogs came this cheap. The Goodwill in Middleton had loads of LuLaRoe leggings...it was difficult to narrow it down..but these were the color & pattern combinations that most called to me...I am especially enamored with those veggies. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment