Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Banditos with Joseph Huber // Tattoo // Brian Visit // Barbie at the Drive-In

Dress: Medallion Tile Print Dress by Hutch (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Klub Nico for Anthropologie
Earring: etXarte
Necklaces & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I was smitten with this easy to throw on flowy feminine frock. The background was navy with a mustard, brown, & peach pattern, lined in navy. The fit was great, but I could have used a bit more fabric in the chest area as the smocked waist started a tad too soon. There was a tie at the neckline that I tucked in because I thought it looked better...why hide the cleavage? Wonderful summer dress that I wore quite a bit. 
Do you see how the waist starts just a touch too soon? I would have liked another inch of fabric. There were a lot of complaints about the sleeves falling down, but they worked great for me...although the times I wore a bra, it usually showed. 
I am so happy I got these sandals off Poshmark...I would not typically buy such neutral shoes, but I loved the heel & butterfly pattern...so I thought I could paint them...but they go with so much, I don't have to. 
When in doubt...wear 2 necklaces. This was my first wearing of the shorter necklace that we got at the last Midwest Vintage Flea. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Double Life, Nars Mediteranee eyeshadow palette, Monroe eyeshadow from Natasha Denona, Sugarpill lipstick in Clockwork & Nectar, Aly's Dream Polish in Sweet Orange, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
I first donned this dress to go to The Shitty Barn with my girlie to see Banditos with Joseph Huber opening. This was the show Jason most wanted to see, but he was traveling for work...Kate questioned if we should still go since she mostly was going for him...but after I listened again...I said, YES! I was super busy with work & didn't have time to make anything...so Kate made this delicious meal...Taste The Rainbow Salad with Citrus Tahini Dressing...& I just brought lettuce, cucumber, & avocado. 
This salad was SO yummy! And we had equally tasty blueberries & cherries for dessert. I just love fresh local produce. Girlie with a heart shaped cherry, awwww. Despite Kate's cute rain gear, I don't think it actually ever rained on us. 
Joesph Huber & his band are from Milwaukee & had such great energy...& Banditos (from Nashville via Alabama) were spectacular as well...
We spent the night dancing in our chairs & came home with vinyl...a fantastic night at the barn. 
I wore this dress on another day to buy myself flowers from the market...& to my tattoo appointment with Bear...
Where they added some gorgeous warm shades to my merhorse...isn't she beautiful? 
I wore this dress a THIRD time on Brian's second day in Madison...we strolled around the square during market...& I'm not sure what made us buy some of these cookies...I've seen them around, but never even considered it...however, when Brian is around...cookies for breakfast, why not?! They were spectacular...chocolate chip cookie with a brownie swirl & sea salt on top...Wonder Cookie indeed. 
After market, we dashed home to fridge the produce...then decided to wander around Olbrich Gardens. There is always this eternal question, what are we doing next? It's a lot of pressure. I do loads of stuff, but am not so good at entertaining someone during the day. What does one do?! 
We did something completely new to both of us...we hopped on the tram that takes you on a tour around the gardens. It was fun & I learned something. There is a swirly path through part of Olbrich, that I've always liked, & it turns out it is supposed to represent a serpent...which ends just over the bridge to the Thai Pavilion. The serpent is significant in Thai culture, so it leads you there...& at the very end...there are eyes, nose, & mouth...I took a picture below, but I'm at the top of the head, looking down at the nose...I will have to take one where I'm staring at it...face to face. 
I love elephants.
This pavilion was a gift to UW Madison from the Thai government in 2001...it is only one of 4 Thai Salas that exist outside of Thailand. The gold leaf needs to be restored every couple of years, but otherwise, it has held up beautifully.
A tram like the one we were on passed us by as we were peering through the kaleidoscope.
The view from atop their newest building was our final stop at Olbrich before heading home...where Super Boo surprised us with little pumpkin terrines of breakfast. Then, we sampled the blueberries I had gotten from 3 different vendors...there was a rather significant difference & the clear winner were the tiny ones in the middle...they were perfectly sweet tart & had the strongest blueberry flavor. After this, an outfit change occurred...so the rest of Saturday will be on the next post...so exciting...it's a cliffhanger. 
The final time I wore this dress was on a different Saturday to market with the girlie...
When I got home...David & I inspected our apple trees & picked some to eat. There is something magical about picking fruit & immediately consuming it. I made us a dinner of pan fried salmon & heaps of roasted veggies to sustain us for a night at the...
Drive-in!!! I saw that Barbie was playing on its second weekend of being out. After hearing *everyone* talk about it, I was curious to see what the buzz was about...so I tentatively asked David & Kate if they were interested. 
We got there just before they opened the doors at 7...because like everywhere else...I need to be in the front row. It turns out...the first few rows weren't immediately popular. But! Getting there early allowed us to play on the playground & visit. 
Lots of climbing structures...but no swings. I want swings. David ordered us some scary drive-in food. 
This old projector was HUGE...over 6 feet long, at least. The pretty sun setting. Cutie pies. Chili cheese dog. 
Oh! Finally time to start the movie...we got The Star-Spangled Banner & a Bugs Bunny cartoon first. Then, onto Barbie. After that, Kate & Jason went home...but we stayed to watch Austin Powers while munching on popcorn & pizza. Fun! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment