Wednesday, August 2, 2023

APT: Picnic & Once Upon A Bridge

Dress: Brandy Cut Out Maxi Dress by ASTR The Label (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Chie Mihara via Poshmark
Earrings & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I was SO excited to wear this dress...it's beautiful with all my favorite colors...orange, yellow, & green. I suspected I'd have to buy it. Sadly, even though I was the first person to receive this, the zipper was broken before I even got it on. I was already prepared to wear this maxi...make-up done...so David pinned me up. I felt like the Goddess of summer with the ties up the front, revealing top, & light flowy skirt that prettily fluttered around me. The fit was perfection with the smocking in back, elastic at the waist, & adjustable ties. I considered contacting Nuuly to see if I could buy it at a discount & fix the zipper, but I was afraid they'd think I broke it for that reason. I'll rent this again. LOVE. 
It is SO freeing not to have to wear a bra...& obviously, you just couldn't with this dress.
These glasses make me so happy...I'm so glad David surprised me with them.
My first wearing of these Chie Mihara sandals I found on Poshmark for $40...it just amazes me I can find these shoes so cheap. I wonder why they don't have the following that Fluevog does? 
Look! It's a different pose...
I'm not sure if I've ever worn this necklace before...it was waiting for this frock.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, Candles & Lime Crime eyeshadow by Lime Crime, Nars Mediteranee eyeshadow palette, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork & Nectar, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game?
I'm too sexy for my dress...sad broken zipper. 
Cuties at American Players Theatre. 
I was determined to wear these sandals...even though I had to walk through gravel & netting over grass seed to get to these tables. Beauty before practicality. 
It was a lovely day for a picnic...& I made us something new, Creamy Coconutty Shrimp Salad (with a few tweaks...I added fresh ginger, red curry paste, & crunchy veggies) atop roasted zoodles. This is definitely going into regular picnic rotation. 
All the fruit from farmers' market...
Once Upon A Bridge...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment