Sunday, August 27, 2023

Fluevogs // Surgery // Elkhorn

Dress: Cutwork Floral Alena Fit & Flare Dress by Leota (size M) via Gwynnie Bee
Footless Tights: Snag
Sandals: Fluevog, Operetta: Renée
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
While this dress is pretty & I would probably admire it on someone else...it is so not me. The fit is awkward (it runs a size small)...I obviously had to wear a camisole under this for work. It's a true wrap dress, cotton (with no noticeable stretch despite the 5% lycra), & the sleeves & skirt both have an abundance of fabric...which I probably wouldn't have minded if this were midi or maxi length...it was too short on me. I felt like I should be wearing clogs & a lace headwrap while picking tulips. 
I wish Snag offered these footless tights in all their color options...they are a fantastic replacement for teggings, but I only have them in 2 colors. I actually like them better than teggings. 
And the real reason I wore this dress...I've had these Fluevog sandals for over a year & they needed to be worn. I think they lean too casual for how I usually dress...so I never reach for them. I posted an outfit photo in the Flummunity on Facebook & that group is just so nice...they all flooded me with compliments...I think because I said I didn't like the dress...which is sweet, but I wasn't fishing, just stating. 
Plunging neckline on an otherwise not sexy dress...I'm sure a size up would have fixed that problem. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Wrapped & Ten eyeshadow by Lime Crime, Mediteranee eyeshadow palette from Nars, Urban Decay lipliner & lipstick in Bang, & Essie nail polish in Sexy Plunge. 
These are now the sexiest shoes I own, Celestial Communication: Aquila. It's been a few years since they've been on the Fluevog site...but when I was looking for some shoes on the Canadian website that the U.S. was out of in my size...these beauties showed up...one pair left AND they were my size...it was meant to be. I resisted getting them years ago because they're a 4 inch heel & I could barely walk at the time...so it didn't seem likely I'd ever wear them. But now I can walk & do anything I want...
So, I intended on only getting 4 pairs of shoes during the latest Fluevog sale...but I ended up with 6. It's difficult to resist such beauty at a bargain...I've had my eye on these for a while, waiting to pounce. There was one pair I missed in my size by waiting.
One pair of flats in a fabulous print. David called ahead to have them cut a piece of salmon for us...those fish guys at the co-op crack me up. My last meal before surgery...my go-to salmon with roasted veggies. 6 am at the hospital...there were trains on the ceiling. 
Back in April 2022, I had a neck lift with a local plastic surgeon. I had a LOT of loose skin from losing weight & I wanted it gone. He did a horrible job. I had been in pain behind my right ear the entire 16 months & the lines on my neck looked terrible, as did all my scars. He offered to fix it for free...but I just couldn't imagine having him cut into my face again. I declined. I told UW I was going to contest it with my credit card & they got me an appointment with a different doctor. I really liked him & once we had our consult, it went quickly...he had a cancellation a month later, so I took it. See...I have this meal a lot...but this time David made most of it since I was in pain. Hank's (Mint Marks more casual sister restaurant) sometimes makes their chicken sandwiches on SEX biscuits...I'm hoping to try it sometime. I can't even imagine how ridiculously delicious this is. I saw this ad...& now Kate & I are signed up for a Pour Your Own Epoxy class. Fun! 
I also donned this dress to go to the August Elkhorn Antique Flea Market. Our first purchase was that metal tub...I'll paint it & plant flowers in it. And the twirling holder will be great in my craft room to hold markers & paint brushes. I loved this music stand with the candle holders...I hope someone gave it a good home.

These bumper stickers! David said they used to have Nikon Now. on the bumper of their car back in the 70s. That lamp is fabulous...we are going to put a different shade on it & it will look lovely in the living room. This is the 3rd time I've taken a photo of the cocktail jars...it keeps going down in price too. Perhaps next time if it's still there...
Trying on a vintage apron...pretty dresses...an elephant...& I don't know what that thing is, but I hope someone puts flowers in it.
After market lunch at Los Tres Hermanos. David & I shared a mango margarita. 
David tried something new...fajitas with steak, chicken, shrimp, & chorizo...I had my usual Chicken Suiza. Unpacking back at home...
Check out that enormous tie David got...I love it. An olive purse for me.
Not much jewelry this time, just a few trinkets. Pansy crate for storing underthings. 
A great apron for the kitchen. There was a new woman there selling vintage clothing...she was adorable & her stuff was thrift store prices...I got 2 dresses from her...one still with the tags on it. It was a fun market even though we didn't find much. One more left in the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment