Thursday, November 12, 2020

Vote

Dress: Cobalt Floral Smocked Detail Midi Dress by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Jones New York (size 3x), thrifted
Tights: We Love Colors in Red
Shoes: Clarks, thrifted
Earring: Sobral via eBay
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I just happened to have this blue & white dress from GB on Election Day...so I added some red. The fit was spot on because of the smocking around the waist (& arms). The lining behaved nicely & I'm a fan of midi dresses...this one had a lot of fabric in the skirt which made the ruffle midway down the skirt cute instead of a weird cutoff point it can turn into with a tighter bottom. Most definitely a warm weather dress...but as we had temps in the 70s all last week, it worked. 
I had it all planned out...David had an appointment just down the street from this mural...which had been patriotic for at least a month. They decided to start painting a new mural on Election Day...why?! So I've got a bit of the red, white, & blue peeking out behind the new stripes of color. 
I tried to wear *2* earrings on this day, but one immediately fell out as soon as we started taking pictures...matching earrings is just not meant to be for me. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Mon Ennui Cosmetics eyeshadow in Year of the Dragon & Lumiere, Russian Red lipstick by MAC, UD lipliner in 714, & A Kiss on the Chic nail polish from OPI. 
The Rainbow Girls are one of the marvelous new groups I've discovered during the pandemic...I don't even remember how. And now, because of them...I found another online gem, UnderCovered...this particular week they were covering Rainbow Girls 2017 album, American Dream. Various artists covered the songs...& I LOVE me a good cover. 
The Dresden Dolls opening up Rocky Horror, my failed trip to the beauty supply, & more progress on the mural. So, first my patriotic mural was being painted over, then my other reason for driving David to his appointment, picking up conditioner at Salon Centric, also was a bust...I forgot many places were closed for Election Day...as it should be. 
Watching election results with Angie via Zoom & drinking wine. Such a stressful week last week. A little UW talk on the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. 
I decided I needed more Eminence skincare...because why not slather your face in ALL THE EXPENSIVE THINGS?! A new Heidi Daus autumn necklace from eBay. And several conditioners from the beauty supply to try to correct the damage Olaplex did to my hair. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment