Sunday, November 15, 2020

President-Elect Joe Biden & Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris

Dress: Victory Dress in Reliquary Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Jessica London (size 22/24), thrifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Sam Edelman via eBay
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I was totally smitten with this dress..I wish I could have kept it forever. However, I have way too many dresses & I'm the odd person who has been losing weight during the pandemic. Like all Effie's Heart dresses...this one fit perfectly...it also had pockets & a swirly twirly skirt. And that print really spoke to my former goth girl self...once a goth, always a goth? 
Even though Halloween had passed...everyday is Halloween, right?! I felt the urge to pair this dress with these amazing tights I'd gotten from Snag last year...which of course led to more orange accessories. 
And my first wearing of these adorable stripy shoes I found on eBay. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Tattoo Liner in Trooper by Kat von D, Huda Beauty eyeshadow palette in Coral Obsessions, NYX Liquid Suede lip color in Orange County, OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative & Orange You Fantastic! 
I've been eyeing this Heidi Daus bat necklace on eBay for a while & I finally got a good price on one...will I ever wear it?? Someday. And from the same seller...an acorn & oak leaf necklace I adored...even though it's tiny...for me. A yellow purse...because I don't have a large yellow purse. And more jewelry from Etsy. 
Glittery lipsticks, a polka dot bracelet in the appliance colors of my youth, & 2 floral necklaces. I cannot stop buying things online. I don't even really feel that badly about it. 
Last Saturday, while it was still in the 70s outside...I traveled over to Kate's side of town...just hours after it was announced that Biden would be our new president. Everywhere I went there were people waving flags & signs & honking in celebration. It made me tear up on the way there & outright cry on my way home. I love Madison. Kate opened up a bottle of sparkling wine from Michigan...Vote...& we drank it outside among the fallen leaves. 
Every once in a while, then sun would find me in the shade & I soaked in the vitamin D & enjoyed the last of the warm days of the year. On my way home, I saw one of the recently uncovered ghost signs on the Great Dane. 
Later that night...our Vice President-elect, Kamala Harris & President-elect, Joe Biden...spoke to us...spoke to our country with compassion...something I haven't heard from our leader in nearly 4 years. It gave me hope. Neither of these candidates were in my top 5 choices (Elizabeth Warren! Bernie Sanders!), but I think they can heal our country & make it a better place to live. Again, it gives me hope when not much else has lately. I'll take it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment