Sunday, November 22, 2020

The President Sings Amazing Grace

Dress: Sunset Purple Lavish Print Eliza Tie-Waist Dress by Leota (size 4L) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: We Love Colors 
Shoes: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
What a fun retro-y looking purple & orange flower print dress...I just adore these colors together. The fit was perfect, as it usually is in Leota dresses. The fabric seemed extra soft & the pockets were placed lower & were quite deep. I clearly need more purple & orange in my life. 
We looked around Olbrich Gardens, but there wasn't really much color left...but this tall grassy stuff was pretty. 
David bought me a bunch of nice supportive Elomi bras a while back...I wore some, then went back to a few Lane Bryant bras I found in my closet...why?! Because they were pretty & still had tags on them. But I noticed I didn't look very perky in my photos...so I got out a few new Elomi bras...& look how much better that is. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Voodoo, Huda Beauty Amethyst Obsessions eyeshadow palette, Mediteranee eyeshadow duo from Nars, NYX Liquid Suede lipstick in Foiled Again, Roxanne Buxom Lips by Bare Escentuals, & OPI nail polish in It's a Piazza Cake. 
What would I do without online entertainment right now??? Truly, artists have gotten me through this year. I am eager to go to in person concerts again...but until that is safe...I will forever be grateful for all the musicians keeping me company at home. Michael Waite at the Marquette Maritime Museum playing songs to commemorate the anniversary of the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Dan Rodriguez, djellafine, & a book talk. 
Someone posted these gorgeous cardigans in a group I'm in, these have both since sold...but there is an Etsy shop full of pretty things. 
Colleen Toland was having a sale (she still is, 20% off) & I needed some more fabulous flower jewelry in my life. Also, Sephora fall sale...which I did not need. 
Look at those stunning Pat McGrath eyeshadows though. Some autumn fabric from Over the Selvage. This is my first order from them...& after I placed it, they made a post about the election & they lost several customers who were not happy with their political leanings...I told them it made me want to spend more money with them. Vintage pins...I am collecting the letters of my name to make a MESHEL necklace. Will I ever actually do it??? Well, it's an idea I have anyway. 
Did you know that in 2015, after the Charleston church massacre, President Obama broke into singing Amazing Grace while giving a eulogy at one of the funerals? Someone wrote a song about it & I watched Kronos Quartet & Meklit performed it as part of a tribute to Pete Seeger. And...another trio of performers on Green Note...Awkward Family Portraits were my favorite. 

 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this orange and purple ensemble! You definitely need more of it in your life. A good supportive bra is so essential - preachin' to the choir here!

    I miss live music so much.

    ReplyDelete