Thursday, March 31, 2022

Them Coulee Boys at Stoughton Opera House

Dress: Zahara Wrap Dress by Lusana (size 1x) via Nuuly
Shoes: Franco Sarto, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Flower Necklace: Jael Designs
Longer Necklaces: Green Goddess Vintage
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
I tried this dress on & it was an immediate no...it was a cotton summer dress that didn't cover my boobs...what was I going to do with that in Wisconsin in February?! But I came back to it a few days later & made this outfit that I rather liked. It's mostly all the earth-tone colors that I adore. I might try this dress again in the summer, however, the back is too low to wear a bra without it showing...so...
My closet is full of things that are too big on me...but I was able to snap the tags off this never worn blouse & wear it under this too small dress. It's lacey & see-through...with a warm paisley pattern...it might be worth taking it in. 
It was snowing while taking these photos...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roach, Naked Honey eyeshadow palette by UD, Chicory lipliner from MAC, Gothica lipstick by Kat von D, & OPI nail polish in Tulsa Tootsie Roll-a. 
Amanda Palmer & Jherek Bischoff rehearse live from different continents...I loved all the strings & how Jherek was conducting them from afar. Supremely icy day...David drove the car as close as he could to our front door & then ripped the mat off the front porch & flipped it over for better traction so I didn't fall. Awwww...these are the things that make me feel loved. 
Rug #2 for the living room...another nope. It's difficult to see all the colors online...there was too much pink in this one for our liking. New to me Fluevogs bought on Poshmark. Batty bat...meet Tepes (Vlad the Impaler). I wore this dress while getting a haircut. For the past year & a half, my hair has been falling out...it can be a side effect of trauma on the body (large weight loss, knee surgery)...but we don't really know. I was hoping it would stop by now, but it's just gotten worse...so I had to cut my hair & I hate it...but I hate it less than I did before, so, there's that. Thinking/talking about it makes me cry.
Making dinner...West African Peanut Chicken with Esme's Rough Squash Mash...before heading to Stoughton to see Them Coulee Boys at The Opera House. 
Front row...these boys are so great...it was a fantastic show...& apparently I'm so enthusiastic that the woman next to me asked if I was related...?!
Selfie with the stage...driving home slowly in the snow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment