Friday, March 18, 2022

Birthday Boo

Dress: Velvet Empire Waist Midi Dress by Anthropologie (size 16) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Nine & Company, thrifted 
Earring & Bracelet: Vintage
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Purse: Bisou Bisou, thrifted 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
The color of this dress made me swoon...I mean, I adore green...but chartreuse & olive are my favorite greens & this was both, depending on how the light hit the sumptuous velvet. Very renaissance dress with the empire waist, wide square neckline, puff sleeves, & layered flowing bottom. It was lovely. And it had pockets, for those that like those things. I know, not traditionally "flattering", but fuck flattering, right? I felt like a saucy sexy strumpet in this gorgeous green gown. 
I pulled out these orange sparkly Snag tights for the first time...because plain tights just seemed so...plain.
Green brocade shoes with a bit of sparkle & a kitten heel.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; Ignite, Blaze, & Mildew eyeshadow by UD; Kat von D eyeshadow in Electric Warrior; Pumpkin lipliner from NYX; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Hypnotic Rust lipstick by Make Up For Ever; & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative. 
I wore this outfit to spend a Wednesday with David...on his birthday. We took our knives in to get sharpened, & visited some other shops next door while we waited...Conscious Carnivore & Vom Fass. Then after we picked our knives up...we stopped by Madison Chocolate Co to pick out some birthday chocolates. 
Homebody...this patch reminded me of a few of my friends. After chocolate, photos of me at the capitol...then on to I/O to kill some time before dinner...this was my first time checking out this arcade bar...it's great...appropriate wallpaper. 
Me with my favorite game from back in the day...Ms. Pac-Man. I used to be really good at this in middle school...back when my dad owned an arcade & they had the tabletop version at their restaurant that I played all the time.
I love that they have board games & a nice area to hang out & play them...I didn't have a drink though, so not sure how the bar is. 
A Pig In A Fur Coat...I don't know what it means, but it's a fun name. I sent David a menu of options for restaurants & this is the one he picked...I had only been here one other time with Kate back when they first opened...this was David's first time. I would come back just for this focaccia with rosemary, roasted garlic, olive oil, & balsamic...it was amazing.
Next up, we tried Foie Gras Mouuse (bombolini, guanciale, fig jam, balsamic)...& cocktails...my first was One of Seven (Mi Campo Tequila Reposado, green chartreuse, pomegranate, citrus)...& David had a Scarborough Fizz (Vikre Cedar gin, egg white, soda water, lemon, orange flower). 
Our next course was Fischer Farm Beef Tartare (caper, cornichon, parsnip)...SO delicious. Then, Beef Tongue (black truffle grenobloise, creamed leek, garlic confit braised kale), Risotto (bacon, morel & hen of the woods mushrooms, parmigiano  reggiano), & Au Bon Canard Duck Leg Confit (lentils du plaine, rainbow carrot, spinach, frisée).
Finally, for our last course, we devoured Stuffed Rabbit Leg (garlic sausage, caul fat, wild rice pilaf, velvet pippin mushroom, pickled shallot). And two more drinks...for me, Peachy Sheets (peach pit bourbon, cognac, dry curaçao, lemon, Demerara) & David had a Revolver (bone marrow cognac, Ancho Reyes, honey, orange bitters). 
After dinner, we went back next door to I/O...where I played Ms. Pac-Man, of course. I'm no longer good at this game & David beat me. Sharing chocolates in the car...yummmmm. 
One last stop before heading home...Dark Horse to see their Valentine art show. David Bowie! 
Some of the things we picked up during our wanderings. And...Super Boo Birthday Week continued with meals I made that he chose...starting with Marcella Hazan's Pork Loin Braised in Milk, served with Brussels Sprouts with Peanut Vinaigrette. 
Hi, Rye! I love it when he hangs over the couch & looks at me. I finally tackled Coq au Vin...& it was time consuming, but delicious...I served that with Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Mustard Butter. Then the next day, another classic I'd never made...Beef Wellington.
Isn't it pretty? I served roasted mashed sweet potatoes on the side. Then, since Estrellon is no longer open...I attempted to recreate their Basque Cake, which I added brandied cherries to. It wasn't bad for a first try. It was a delightful birthday week...& David was ridiculously excited by the socks I got him from Pantherella.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment