Thursday, March 10, 2022

The Conscious Carnivore

Dress: Sunflower Daydream Dress by Effie's Heart (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: ?, thrifted 
Shoes: Dansko 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Super cute sunflower dress from Effie's Heart...I adored the color, however it came to me a bit worn out. These EH dresses are always a dream fit...great length & useful pockets. 
I love all the colors this cardigan added to the outfit...with its greens & bright orange...easy to match, whereas the dress color was a cross between mustard & green. 
I wish I had a few hours each night to alter these cardigans I wear so they'd fit me without having to tie them...however, it is entirely too time consuming. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; Cube, Destiny, & Edge eyeshadow from Anastasia Beverly Hills; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; Bang lipstick by UD; & OPI nail polish in Race Red. 
I've been searching for a replacement to the cashmere/wool Italian socks I used to buy David from b.ella...these English socks have so far come the closest...they are a bit more subdued & not quite as bright & fun...but I still liked them enough to take a chance. Socks for David's birthday. I came across this cute Taurus purse while searching for one I saw from Anthropologie in an OOTD post...this will be a good casual summer purse. Selfie for my boyfriend. 
I found this pretty peacock mirror for my cosmetic bag on Amazon...it's slightly smaller than the one I'm used to...but it was falling apart. David putting together another shoe rack for me...exclusively for my Fluevogs. 
Shopping for the weekend meals. These Triple Cross tangerines are spectacular...& are my favorite citrus I look forward to all year. Neither the co-op or my regular butcher, Meat People, had the bone-in rib roast I was looking for...so I went across town to The Conscious Carnivore. When they first opened someone told me something about them that made me stay away...I don't even recall what it was...but am I ever glad I finally went in. They are fantastic...the selection, the knowledge, & friendliness have made them my default place to go for meat. 
Salmon with Sizzling Olive Butter, served atop roasted cauliflower & Hashed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon. After trying half a dozen varieties of Wanderstate Coffee, this is my favorite so far, Driftless. Working on my frame project...there is glitter every where. And another delicious meal...Anchovy-Butter Chicken with Chicken Fat Croutons alongside a salad of Blood Oranges with Crunchy Red Onion & Avocado. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment