Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Kate's Birthday Dinner

Dress: Veggie Garden Dress by Eva Rose (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: ?, thrifted 
Shoes: Express
Earring: Vintage
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Like all of these cotton Eva Rose dresses...perfection. Great fit & length, with pockets. This was an especially fun print as I LOVE veggies...this would have been cute to wear in the summer as it's sleeveless & would have gone perfectly with my farmers' market tattoo.
I kept this dress from Gwynnie Bee at home for 2 months, as there never seemed to be an occasion to wear it...until Kate's birthday dinner. I guess the perfect occasion would have been shopping at the outdoor market with the girlie, then out to brunch. But that is still months away.
I'm not sure why I chose to dress like an elf with this dress...I wanted to bring out the green, but the bright red shoes were probably a bit much.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Legend, Vinyl, & Misfit eyeshadow from Kat von D; MAC lipliner in Cherry; Deep Ruby lipliner by Sephora; Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Red Dragon; & OPI nail polish in Friar, Friar, Pants on Fire. 
I wore this dress to go grocery shopping for Kate's early birthday dinner at our house. Some salmon from the co-op & chocolate from Gail Ambrosius. 
Me cooking & David putting out the appetizers. 
Kate & Jason being cute.
Drinking wine that Kate curated for the evening. 
A recreation of food I've made & we've loved...unfortunately, I added too much soy sauce to the pan & it was overly salty. Sesame-Crusted Salmon with Butter & Ginger Sauce, served with, Broccoli with Fried Shallots & Olives. 
Chocolate for dessert...I had a brandy old-fashioned truffle...Also, I may have had too much wine. After dinner, we retired to the living room.
The original rug we ordered for the living room...the color was stated as purple & brown...however, the reality was navy & grey...I was SO in love with the design, but we sent it back. Kate fainting onto the fainting couch. 
Me & the birthday girlie. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment