Sunday, March 27, 2022

Songwriters Round at Slowpoke

Dress: Floral Emerald Dress by Unique Vintage x GB (size 0x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Charter Club Woman, thrifted 
Socks: b.ella from Sock Dreams
Shoes: Fluevog, Unity: Aimee
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Purse: 80s vintage, remixed 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
This cutesy floral dress that I made even more so with knee socks...it was alright. Great fit & about the shortest length dress I'd want to wear. It came to me a little pilled & the fabric felt cheap...but I liked the bright green.
Am I too old for this look?? Is there such a thing? I mean, my baggy knees don't get to be shown off that often. This was my first time wearing these pink Fluevog's. 
Back in 1989, shortly after I moved to Madison...I bought 2 purses at the mall that had big clocks in them...I immediately took those out & used the space to make little collages. In this pink purse, I bought a Marilyn Monroe postcard from Urban Outfitters, & pasted that on some purple velvet, along with a vintage rhinestone necklace.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Cotton Candy, Totally Fetch, & Sprinkles eyeshadow by Too Faced; UD lipliner & lipstick in Big Bang; & OPI nail polish in  Can't Hear Myself Pink!
On Thursdays I go grocery shopping...since I had to go to the west side to get meat from Conscious Carnivore, I decided to check out Metcalfe's instead of the co-op. They have a wonderful cheese & seafood department...I've picked up the odd thing there, but never actually did a shopping trip. They were alright...they don't carry garnet sweet potatoes (my favorite), or even state what kinds of sweet potatoes they are selling. Odd. So, I ended up at the co-op for those & a few other things. For dinner that evening...I made Fante-Fante (a fish stew) from Zoe's Ghana Kitchen...it was delightful...but those onions were amazing...a Yotam Ottolenghi creation, Miso Butter Onions. Making dinner. Being cute. Following dinner, I drove out to Spring Green...To attend Slowpoke Lounge's monthly Songwriters Round...which was supposed to feature 3 women, but one couldn't make it. The two that did though *wow*...fabulous...Annie Emmenegger & Sophia Landis. Sophia described Annie's voice as...warm, tasty, rich, & raw.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment