Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Valentine's Day // Miz Cracker

Dress: Zebra Burnout Maxi Dress by Hutch (size 16) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Baroques: Reubens 
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Purse: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
The fit on this elegant gown was perfection. I adored the cold shoulder sleeves that allowed my tattoo to peek out...& the sheer long sleeves that showed off the burnout zebra print. This was the exact right length maxi for me...I wore heels because I wanted to & not because I had to. The neckline was a bit low, but my super long heavy necklace covered that up. 
I wore my burgundy Fluevogs that I haven't worn since my wedding...I put them on myself & walked in them...2 things I couldn't do back then. 
This was my first time wearing this fabulously dangly black sparkly earring that Gayle from Green Goddess Vintage sent me with my last order...totally unexpected...how did she know I needed an earring just like this?!
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Sin City & Golden Nugget eyeshadow from Too Faced, Kat von D eyeshadow in Raw Power, Blood Milk lipliner by Kat von D, Deep Ruby lipliner from Sephora, Black Metal Dahlia Lip Tar & nail polish by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.
David & I typically ignore Valentine's Day...even though it was the day we first met (19 years ago). However, we decided to celebrate it this year because our favorite restaurant, Heritage Tavern, put together a special menu that was too tempting to resist, & also, we had tickets to see Miz Cracker (rescheduled from 2020) at The Majestic...so we decided to make a night of it. We shared lots of tasty food, but also came to the conclusion that special occasion nights are not the best choice for great food. 
I began the night with their cocktail special of the day, True Colors (brandy & sherry base with lemon juice, Greek yogurt, cranberry & rosemary syrup). David chose the 131 Bourbon Street (Rittenhouse rye, Calvados, Benedictine, Punt De Mel, Angostura & Peychaud's bitters). (The amazingly delicious) Snack Plate, which consisted of: Beef Tartare (deviled egg, quail yolk, brioche crouton), Smoked Whitefish Toast with Smoked Trout Roe, Crispy Pork Belly & Rice Noodle Spring Roll with truffled fish dipping sauce. 
We both chose different courses so we could share/taste everything we wanted. Our first courses were: Foie Gras & Chicken Liver Mousse (Hawaiian sweet bread, ginger-kumquat & chili preserves, hickory nut) & Lobster Bisque (caviar whipped cream, chervil oil, pickled ramp, sweet potato). Cocktail #2: Bellini Sfumato (Tito's vodka, Sfumato amaro, creme de peche, sage syrup, Jamaican #1 bitters, lemon juice, cava). 
David's next cocktail El Medico (El Bujo mezcal, Don Q rum, Smith & Cross rum, Korbel brandy, Curacao, Demerara syrup, lime, pineapple, Angostura bitters). There was only one second course that appealed to us, so we each got our own. Duck Confit Ravioli with Fried Duck Egg (foraged mushrooms, truffle, pecorino cheese). Final cocktails of the evening: Pistachio Mai Tai (Plantation Dark & 3 Star rums, Trois Rivieres Rum Ambré, pistachio orgeat, Pierre Ferrand curaçao, Demerara, lime) & David had cocktail envy & ordered the special cocktail that I began with, True Colors. 
Our Third Courses: Grilled Beef Tenderloin & Braised Beef & Foie Gras Pierogi (roasted garlic potato puree, Brussels sprouts leaves, glazed radish, sauce Perigord)...but, where is the pierogi?! Juniper & Coriander Crusted Berkshire Pork Loin (Rush Creek Reserve potato gratin, bacon braised red cabbage, foraged mushroom cream sauce).
The forgotten pierogi, because of the mix-up...they brought us out 3 instead of 1...with LOTS of extra truffles shaved on top. 4th course, dessert: Almond Cake (roasted plum curd, smoked cardamom cream, honey salted caramel) & Heritage Sundae (milk chocolate ice cream, J. Henry bourbon-butterscotch, vanilla bean nougat crème). Overall, the dinner was lovely...but we decided we're going to take a break from Heritage for a while as it wasn't as fabulous as it usually is...I blame the holiday. 
Miz Cracker, one of our favorite drag queens from Drag Race. And an outfit change (I was dressed better...wouldn't you agree?). 
After the show, we walked next door to Lucille, where I drank an El Diablo (Milagro Reposado, raspberry syrup, lime juice, ginger beer) & David had a Mexican Firing Squad (Lunazul Blanco tequila, El Buho Mezcal, agave, lime juice, Angostura bitters). Mixologist mixing. And our favorite, Steel Pan Pork Shoulder nachos. It was a delightful evening. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment